Thread: Enzo Ramsinks vs stock PWM sink

Xtreme Addict

Enzo Ramsinks vs stock PWM sink

I have the Abit Ip35 Pro and the PWM's get toasty, they have AC ceramique on them as well as the bolt mod. Pumping about 1.4V through the CPU and at roughly 20C ambient temps I get around 50-51C on the PWM's. Mind you I also have a TT 80mm Smart fan blasting at it at 5k RPM (similar to tornado). I would like to get rid of the noise that thing makes and replace it with a quieter fan, or at least give me more head room for upping voltage. If I take the TT fan off or turn it to half speed the temps rise past 80C and keep rising. I have spare cooling for the NB and SB so how will the enzotech BGA sinks be for the PWMs? possibly better or worse than stock pwm sink.

Core
    Core i7 920
    eVGA X58 LE SLi
    2x3GB Mushkin DDR3-1600
    BFG 8800GT OC
    Seagate 7200.12 1TB + Maxtor 320GB
    LianLi A05B

Cooling (all internal)
    2x BI GTS 360
    2x DDC3.2 + Ek top
    EK Supreme LT

Xtreme Addict
    50-51 is quite normal temperature for voltage regulators. If I were you, I wouldn't worry. Ditch the 5k rpm fan and just get some good air circulation going on in your case.
    E7200 @ 3.4 ; 7870 GHz 2 GB
    Intel's atom is a terrible chip.

Xtreme Addict
    I have the P182 and all fans were replaced in the case with Yate loon High speeds. the PWM sits right next to the rear fan and gets very little airflow. I also watercool so there is no HSF on the cpu. I've tried a small 40mm fan before and that made no difference at all. I'm stuck on this OC because I can't run more voltage without the PWM temps shooting up.

Core
    Core i7 920
    eVGA X58 LE SLi
    2x3GB Mushkin DDR3-1600
    BFG 8800GT OC
    Seagate 7200.12 1TB + Maxtor 320GB
    LianLi A05B

Cooling (all internal)
    2x BI GTS 360
    2x DDC3.2 + Ek top
    EK Supreme LT

The Blue Dolphin
    I'd try reseating the PWM heatsink first. 80C is more than okay for the PWM, but you said the temperature doesn't stop rising. The stock solution should be more than adequate so the temperature suggests a bad contact.
    Blue Dolphin Reviews & Guides

Blue Reviews:
    Gigabyte G-Power PRO CPU cooler
    Vantec Nexstar 3.5" external HDD enclosure
    Gigabyte Poseidon 310 case

Blue Guides:
    Fixing a GFX BIOS checksum yourself

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.