Thread: Coollaboratory Thermal Paste Liquid Pro question

Smile Coollaboratory Thermal Paste Liquid Pro question

i remember of another metal based tim, which had problems on alluminum (or copper) heatsinks, it used to ruin the heatsinks.
    is the liquid pro ok to use with an ultima90?

thanx

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Liquid Pro contains gallium so using it on heatsinks that contain aluminium is a very bad idea.
    i7 920 D0 | TRUE Cu | ASUS RIIIE | 6GB Dominator GT | Gigabyte GTX480 Special Edition | Win7 Ultimate x64

Xtreme Enthusiast
    has other problems thought.

Is really hard to clean off.
    Has a likely hood of merging heatsink and processor together almost like a adhesive.
    Is a liquid and i have heard of some people having it flow out of heatsink to other components and causing problems.

Basicly imo and most others its a no go for only a few degrees difference... try tuniq mx2 or artic cooling new stuff... also cool lab do have a new one coming out that hopefully wont be as bad as liquid pro.
    Gaming Rig
    Intel E6300
    Intel Mobo
    2 Gig OCZ 800 (800 5,5,5,15)
    Saphire Ati 4870
    22inch LG Flatron W2230S

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by spectrum48 View Post
    i remember of another metal based tim, which had problems on alluminum (or copper) heatsinks, it used to ruin the heatsinks.
    is the liquid pro ok to use with an ultima90?

thanx
    ultima90 is a copper heatsink with nickel coating so should be fine but i wouldnt recommend it myself, as its cheaper and better to go with alternatives above
    Gaming Rig
    Intel E6300
    Intel Mobo
    2 Gig OCZ 800 (800 5,5,5,15)
    Saphire Ati 4870
    22inch LG Flatron W2230S

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by cozwin
    has other problems thought.

Is really hard to clean off.
    Has a likely hood of merging heatsink and processor together almost like a adhesive.
    Is a liquid and i have heard of some people having it flow out of heatsink to other components and causing problems.
    Because of LP's consistency you are supposed to check your application before heatsink installation by holding the CPU vertical to see if any of the LP runs off. The manual actually recommends an "almost transparent film" of LP be applied, which most people will think is too little. Anyone having problems with LP running off their CPU has obviously ignored the instruction manual and applied far too much.

And, contrary to popular belief, it doesn't act as an adhesive, and it is pretty easy to clean off with the right materials/solutions.
    i7 920 D0 | TRUE Cu | ASUS RIIIE | 6GB Dominator GT | Gigabyte GTX480 Special Edition | Win7 Ultimate x64

Xtreme Enthusiast
    For high thermal load transfer needs, nothing beats LM. Much better than any thermal pastes. Best to use on lapped surfaces so there is no run-off issues when trying to fill large gaps.
    C2D E8400 @ 4.4 Ghz
    Asus P5K Deluxe
    Nvidia 8800 GTS @ 648/900
    2GB Ballistix
    Dtek, Swiftech & EK blocks, 2x D5, PA120.3, 2, & 1.
    WD Raptor X 150GB & Seagate 7200.10 320GB
    X-Fi Prelude
    Corsair HX620
    Silverstone TJ07
    Dell 2407 WFP

Only Extreme Need Apply
    search around.. i did quite a detailed guide on lp...
    Buildin

thanx all for the info