Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about watercooling a TJ07

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by NicePants42 View Post
    MCR320 fits.
    I didnt think it could be done, and even with a MCR no less (I thought a BIP might work, too many fins in those rads though). I gotta get my ruler out again, too much cooling is just right! Are you still using the stock top fan grille? Can you post a photo of how the top looks now? This really got me thinking, might make for enough rads to allow 5 volt fans vs. 7 volt fans even with a hefty thermal load.

EDIT: Just caught that you are using 20mm fans... And your worklog link... checking that out now...
    Last edited by AndyM; 09-02-2007 at 02:46 PM.
    C2D E8400 @ 4.4 Ghz
    Asus P5K Deluxe
    Nvidia 8800 GTS @ 648/900
    2GB Ballistix
    Dtek, Swiftech & EK blocks, 2x D5, PA120.3, 2, & 1.
    WD Raptor X 150GB & Seagate 7200.10 320GB
    X-Fi Prelude
    Corsair HX620
    Silverstone TJ07
    Dell 2407 WFP

Quote Originally Posted by Grinch View Post
    nice looking kink you have there...
    Yeah, I didn't want to use any 90 degree fittings.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    I didnt think it could be done, and even with a MCR no less (I thought a BIP might work, too many fins in those rads though).
    A BIP will work without the spacer plate that I used, but you could also use an MCR320 and 20mm thick fans. I am using standard 25mm thick fans and a 3mm thick spacer plate on top in the picture I posted.
    I gotta get my ruler out again, too much cooling is just right! Are you still using the stock top fan grille? Can you post a photo of how the top looks now? This really got me thinking, might make for enough rads to allow 5 volt fans vs. 7 volt fans even with a hefty thermal load.
    I suggest you check my log for more pictures and details on how I did this. I refer to your mod specifically in my first post - your cable management is an inspiration, and I plan to copy you.
    Last edited by NicePants42; 09-02-2007 at 03:00 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Checked the log...wow! That thing is going to be awesome. I liked the side by side of the BIP/MCR comparo, never actually seen a direct comparison. And thanks for the inspiration compliment, makes this hobby all that much more fun!

You should do a log here too (unless you already did and I'm posting without reading again )
    C2D E8400 @ 4.4 Ghz
    Asus P5K Deluxe
    Nvidia 8800 GTS @ 648/900
    2GB Ballistix
    Dtek, Swiftech & EK blocks, 2x D5, PA120.3, 2, & 1.
    WD Raptor X 150GB & Seagate 7200.10 320GB
    X-Fi Prelude
    Corsair HX620
    Silverstone TJ07
    Dell 2407 WFP

Checked the log...wow! That thing is going to be awesome.
    I hope so!

I liked the side by side of the BIP/MCR comparo, never actually seen a direct comparison. And thanks for the inspiration compliment, makes this hobby all that much more fun!
    Yeah, I didn't recall seeing any direct comparisons either, which is why I figured I'd take one. As for compliments, you have earned them.

You should do a log here too (unless you already did and I'm posting without reading again )
    Once I complete the project, I'll probably post it around several forums. Until then, I'm hoping that this project may generate some interest at the Techgage forum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12