Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 100 posts to be able to see classifieds

I've been a member here how long?
    I've contributed how many points to the folding team?

I'm upset, but just short of getting very angry. I ask that whoever has the power to do such things, grants me access to whatever forums may be restricted by post count. If this isn't possible, then perhaps it's possible to manually raise my post count to 100. I'm not gonna spam the boards to get my count up.

I've never bought or sold anything through the forums here, but I've browsed often, and was planning on selling off my current rig when I upgrade again this fall.

Let me know if this is a possibility,

-Chad
    "Wretched XS"
    P4 2.66 @ 3.0 w/Swiftech MCX-4000 | Abit IT7-Max2 V2 | OCZ PC3500 EL @ DDR400 | Tyan Tachyon G9700
    Pioneer 4x2x8 DVD-RW | LiteOn 52x24x52 CD-RW| LiteOn 16x DVD-ROM | 80GB Western Digital SE | SB Audigy 2
    Lian-Li PC-76 (Currently unmodded)

JBELL
    Originally posted by Chadly
    I've been a member here how long?
    I've contributed how many points to the folding team?

I'm upset, but just short of getting very angry. I ask that whoever has the power to do such things, grants me access to whatever forums may be restricted by post count. If this isn't possible, then perhaps it's possible to manually raise my post count to 100. I'm not gonna spam the boards to get my count up.

I've never bought or sold anything through the forums here, but I've browsed often, and was planning on selling off my current rig when I upgrade again this fall.

Let me know if this is a possibility,

-Chad
    First sorry you feel that way, secondly ...you are here a long time but dont post much... a troll can register and sit on the name to say hey i've been here 'X' time now... I am not calling a troll please understand that. But 54 posts is not enough to know who you are, I make the calls on classifieds access, after consulting the admin staff. the classifieds hack was debated, argued, researched and discussed for over a year. We knew these responses would happen. LEt me say I want all to have access, but not at the cost of security. Spam my threads and they will be deleted and you keep spamming I will ban permenant access to the classfieds by modifing your forums masks. I will not raise anyones post count, I will not allow any manual manipulation of post counts and I will not tolerate spam! classifieds are earned by quality posts not by sheer luck of time of joining.

sorry.

xtremesystems.org and the staff must be absolute on this rule, if we let you through we must be fair and let everyone in... no exceptions.

JBELL

IRC Operative
    Originally posted by JBELL
    First sorry you feel that way, secondly ...you are here a long time but dont post much... a troll can register and sit on the name to say hey i've been here 'X' time now... I am not calling a troll please understand that. But 54 posts is not enough to know who you are, I make the calls on classifieds access, after consulting the admin staff. the classifieds hack was debated, argued, researched and discussed for over a year. We knew these responses would happen. LEt me say I want all to have access, but not at the cost of security. Spam my threads and they will be deleted and you keep spamming I will ban permenant access to the classfieds by modifing your forums masks. I will not raise anyones post count, I will not allow any manual manipulation of post counts and I will not tolerate spam! classifieds are earned by quality posts not by sheer luck of time of joining.

sorry.

xtremesystems.org and the staff must be absolute on this rule, if we let you through we must be fair and let everyone in... no exceptions.

JBELL
    Very well said, people really need to understand that not many people have a problem with it and are all for it, in other words, deal with it and keep on posting!!!!!

CPU:
    Intel i5 750 @ 4200mhz 200x21 1.344v
    Cooling:
    Corsair H50
    Mobo:
    Gigabyte P55-US3L
    Memory:
    4GB Corsair XMS3 9-9-9-24
    GFX:
    ASUS HD5850 850/1200 1GB

Well, I thought about this, and my first response was a big "screw you". Not out of rage or not being able to understand the rule, but my reasoning was such; I do not keep locked doors inside my home, so why should there be locked doors in my internet home? I shut down my folding rigs and starting thinking "whats next".

Another few days go by, and while I still do not agree with the rule, I can understand it. I am not leaving, and I am not responding with aforementioned "screw you". This isn't the way I would run things, but hey, I'm not running the place. I still don't intend to spam all over the place to get my count up, but I do still plan on selling my rig in a few months. I will continue as always, and I hope that by then I will have gained permission to the classifieds, so that other XS members can have first crack at any of my stuff.

Not that I really make a big impact here, or that anyone truly cares whether I stay or go, but I felt the need to at least finish my thoughts from the previous post. Thanks for hearing me out.

-Chad
    "Wretched XS"
    P4 2.66 @ 3.0 w/Swiftech MCX-4000 | Abit IT7-Max2 V2 | OCZ PC3500 EL @ DDR400 | Tyan Tachyon G9700
    Pioneer 4x2x8 DVD-RW | LiteOn 52x24x52 CD-RW| LiteOn 16x DVD-ROM | 80GB Western Digital SE | SB Audigy 2
    Lian-Li PC-76 (Currently unmodded)

JBELL
    Originally posted by Chadly
    Well, I thought about this, and my first response was a big "screw you". Not out of rage or not being able to understand the rule, but my reasoning was such; I do not keep locked doors inside my home, so why should there be locked doors in my internet home? I shut down my folding rigs and starting thinking "whats next".

Another few days go by, and while I still do not agree with the rule, I can understand it. I am not leaving, and I am not responding with aforementioned "screw you". This isn't the way I would run things, but hey, I'm not running the place. I still don't intend to spam all over the place to get my count up, but I do still plan on selling my rig in a few months. I will continue as always, and I hope that by then I will have gained permission to the classifieds, so that other XS members can have first crack at any of my stuff.

Not that I really make a big impact here, or that anyone truly cares whether I stay or go, but I felt the need to at least finish my thoughts from the previous post. Thanks for hearing me out.

-Chad
    Well thanks for understanding .. kinda

I do not want to impose post count requirements, but I more so do not want my valued members and co-users of this fine forum to get screwed over by a troll.. we offer this site and all information at no cost - unless you count blown up hardware lol. and the classifieds is a hard thing to have, maintain and justify... let alone police. the rule is not to keep everyone out it is to help obtain records of users on here so if something bad happens - there can be recourse to take legally. You want insurance on your new car dont you when you buy it? Or a nice warrenty from the store if it breaks? Why not a way to track down a troll?

Yes this is a good rule. Keeps the site from being spamed with
    junk. I cannot look yet but it will be worth the wait and I like the
    idea of just not anyone can post adds I prefer REAL forum
    members whom are looking for fair trades ect. Thanks
    KR7A-Raid 0 2 WD 80 gig Caviar
    AMD XP1800+
    512mb crucial PC2100
    Gainward GF3 TI550 Gold sample
    Alpha Pal 8045 w Sanyo Denki
    Logitech Z-560 4.1 Surround
    Hercules Gametheater XP
    Netgear FA311
    Acer 56x CDrom
    Floppy 3.5 and Windows 98

Xtreme Recruit
    yea i think it's fair. it's a rule so we should respect it. i don't have even close to the 100 but i'm ok with it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123