Thread: Interesting Problem...

Xtreme Member

Interesting Problem...

Ok to power my pelt i have the swifty psu... now one thing ive noticed is that the wires that go to the pelt get EXTREMELY hot!

now i changed the wires coming from psu to pelt wires from some cheap radioshack ones to the ones in the black psu cable going from wall to reg psu.. now even that black thing is getting really hot and melting...

also with changing these wires my water temps of dropped 4 C which indicates to me that the pelt isnt getting as powerd as it was before...

wth is going on here?

and what wires do you guys used to power ur pelts
    | Intel i7 3770K | Custom H2O | Gigabyte z77x-ud5h | 16GB Samsung | GTX680 | 240g Mushkin Deluxe |

-METALLICA-

JBELL
    sounds like your choking out on the wire guage

try a 10 guage wire to feed from psu to pelt

Xtreme Member
    woah got a 12 gauge and it decreased temps! wow.. ive been handicaped by cheapass wire for months
    | Intel i7 3770K | Custom H2O | Gigabyte z77x-ud5h | 16GB Samsung | GTX680 | 240g Mushkin Deluxe |

-METALLICA-

JBELL
    hmmm maybe some 4 guage is in order? LMAO

yeah the bigger the wire the lower the restriction - think in terms of highway you can get more traffic on the bigger cable without the clogging and build up

plus better surface area for cooling if needed

boughetto overclocker
    Originally posted by JBELL
    hmmm maybe some 4 guage is in order? LMAO

yeah the bigger the wire the lower the restriction - think in terms of highway you can get more traffic on the bigger cable without the clogging and build up

plus better surface area for cooling if needed
    Yeah I can tell you my wires on my PSU get VERY hot when a pelt is on them, and even hotter when 2 85w are on the same strand.
    Dinosaurs are chortling.
    Lian Li PC1200B, Custom Water Cooling, Lamptron FC5 Fan Controller w/ 4x 120mmx38 Deltas
    i7 930 @ 3.8ghz, Rampage III Extreme, 12GB G.Skill PC2000, BFG 260GTXOC, PNY Quadro 380FX
    (1) HP LP2475w 24", (2) Dell 2007WFP 20", Corsair AX1200 1200w, 3Ware 9650SE Raid
    (2) 500gb Hybrid Seagate Raid 1, (2) 2TB WD Red NAS 64mb Raid 1, (5) 1TB Hitachi 32mb Raid 5