Some pretty good links. A lot more stuff than I would put on my own machine, or on one of the ones at work, but good utilities for performing specific tasks.

One thing I would add to this list is the use of a HOSTS file. I downloaded one from http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm and then edited out 80% of it and kept the crucial URLs.

This completely blocks access to websites you don't trust or don't like. It also blocks ad servers. The main problem with viruses and trojans is that as soon as they're installed, they call their friends. Hundreds of them. If your HOSTS file shows their friends' URLs as being located on your computer (use the loopback address), it will come up with 'Page Can Not Be Displayed' and there's no additional harm done.

Firewalls have limits, and anti-spyware and anti-virus software only helps some of the time (and usually does not remove what you want to remove fully and permanently). Symantec, I'm looking in your direction. You've got to layer your protection. The HOSTS file acts as both the first and last lines of defense. It will help you not to get infected in the first place, or it will help you to absorb damage if you manage to screw things up. I use this strategy on the Windows machines at the office and we haven't had a virus since I started 10 months ago.