Thread: 120mm fan review

Xtreme Member

120mm fan review

I can't seem to find a good review/shootout of 120 mm fans, not too many reviews of individual fans for that matter.The 3 main ones I am looking at right now are the Panaflo M1, the Delta EFB1212LE, and the Pabst 4412 FGML. I have the Yates loons in my system now but will be replacing them with some medium flow fans on a controller. Any help is appreciated, since I really distrust manufactures dBa ratings.

Xtreme Member
    There was a ghetto fan shootout on SPCR forums somewhere, but none of the fans were high-performance fans like the ones you listed. I've started a thread in this subsection asking questions about the M1, a Delta and a Sanyo Denki, but noone's replied yet.

Oh yeah, and Cathar did a little fan shootout too a while back, but it was on [H], and I haven't bothered checking for it here.

Good luck on finding a shootout on those fans!
    BFG 7900 GTX
    Seagate 7200.10 320GB SATA2
    Samsung SP2004C 200GB SATA2
    Samsung SH-W162C
    OCZ Powerstream 520W SLI
    Intel Pentium D 930
    ASUS P5WD2
    G.Skill 2GB DDR2-800 something or other

Xtreme Member
    well I did find this later on, however it did not contain any of the ones I was interested in
    http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getarticle&articID=421

Xtreme Addict
    high performance fans never offer a good performance/noise balance; just go for max CFM and be happy with the noise

I don't like noise too much, so I'd rather have a slightly lower OC, slightly higher temp and enjoy silence; I won't notice the Mhz drop, and will notice the noise drop.

Belgium's #1 Hardware Review Site and OC-Team!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    well just one user opinion but it might be enough for one fan,,,,,,

i was really happy that i could get a Panaflo M1 brought to me from canada (im in eastern europe) and then just to find out it vibrates at 12v and around 7v range, and im talking about feeling vibration on my steel big tower case.......then i found on some forums that Panaflo M1 nowdays can either be good or like in my case bad, i honestly think that this fan is RMA able.....but on the other hand if you could test one or replace it if its not good then go for it, at voltages it does work its really just the air that you could hear, and if it matters to you i kept minesomwhere around 7v and it was pretty quiet and pushed alot