Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: T-Bred 2200+ Give away !!

the simplest and greatest idea ever

Hey guys. I think I have what might be the simplest but best idea for you. You guys have a lot of systems on madonion.com's hall of fame; what I would like to see is all of the creators of those systems put up a step by step guide on how they setup and tweaked their system. This type of guide on how to make the best systems in the world would help both n00bz and techies alike. this guide could be updated everytime something is tweaked and we would be able to see what changes add performance. This seems like a simple idea but I've never seen a site with an ongoing guide about what they are doing to tweak a supercomputer. This guide could also include the prices of all the components in the system; that way anyone who reads the guide and has the cash could build a computer that at least comes close to the performance you guys put out.

I'd love to win that prize but, either way, I think A LOT of people would really love to see these types of guides and I hope you guys seriously consider taking some time to write at least one complete guide to building a computer like the ones in the 3dmark hall of fame.

Hey guys my first post here, but I am a regular over at your old stomping ground. I guess the only thing I can think of to sugest is the color its very white. Maybe you could make a different style set for those of us who hate all the white.

Yup I'm Yodums. Perhaps many of you know me here. Anyways, here's my reason for a site improvement:

There seems to be lack of information on the site, as your links are very empty. The reviews, should be typed up in series of pages instead of linked to the forums. For example: Make a review display it on the layout of the site instead of the forums, and then break it up in pages, it looks much cleaner. People get very stressed looking at a forum page the lenght of 1ft or something.

There should be a search menu. The database will eventually expand to a huge one, and people will navigate through the site alot to find what they want, perhaps a search option will make it easier.

The links on the webpage can perhaps popup a box when you go over them. I find that good sites will keep their links small, which makes it clean and pops it out to bigger things and expand, e.g. Microsoft.

If you become big try to contact cooling manufactures and stuff for testing because, I as a user and many others love to see cooling reviews, CPU reviews, and motherboard reviews.

What I like about the site:

I love the silver color. I hate sites that are dark and hard to look at. It's horrible. How you kept your site easy to navigate through so far. The menu is very small and detailed and branches off into more heavier stuff.

Don't take what I said hard. You guys done an excellent job, and getting a webpage up is extremely difficult.

You guys done an excellent job.

These are my various reasons to win that T-Bred

Yodums

Once again though, I think a forum based article structute is a good idea. I believe it will provide the greatest amount of database searchability, and it really does allow the author to respond to questions and clarify everyting when something is unclear.

Since this is the 2nd time mentioned, perhaps a poll should be posted with explanations to the benefits of both sides??

Xtreme Member
    I would like to see a custom made Benchmark Software and Logging System called "Xtreme Benchmarks". Perhaps something similar to Madonion testing but, Unique to Xtremers, catagorizing types of cooling, processors and such. It should be for members only and available after a minimum number of posts to generate posting, cooperation, etc. The logistics could become fun, allowing the top 25 to hold a spot for certain period of time, therefore sharing the spotlight.
    Example:
    Xtreme Benchmark Top OC On Air Cooling June 2002
    "Deerhunter"
    His prize is this 37cent micro-clip to do his next Vcore mod!
    edited ---------- VMem mod!!!!!!!
    Last edited by deerhunter; 06-29-2002 at 07:53 PM.

Abit NF7-S AMD2100 @ 2.3Gig on air
    512MB Corsair Platinum CL2
    WD 74GB Raptor 10000 RPM SATA HD
    WD 80GB SpecEd HD Lite-On CDRW
    ATi Radeon 9600 AIW Video Lite-on DVD

well this place is darn nice..
    could always use a database with gpu serial and o/c also
    a cpu database with serial number and max o/c e.t.c this is something thats would be cool

Being new to this forum and not having a chance to really read all you have to offer puts me at a great disadvantage when it comes to recommending improvements to the site. True, visually it is somewhat bland, but I didn't come here for flashy pictures. It would seem your goal is to provide informatino that helps people setup systems that operate on the edge of the envelope. As a newbie to overclocking I know I am interested in learning what I need to do physically to the hardware and functionally to the BIOS settings, to get my beast screaming. Realizing there are some inherent risks involved, my primary concern is to not trash the cpu or mobo. Articles on "how to" carry out the physical hardware setup that emphasize dangers, pitfalls, and common mistakes will always be welcome by new readers/members. As for hardware reviews, there are plenty of sites reviewing mobo's, coolers, and video cards under normal conditions. You need to do it under xtreme conditions, and don't stick to the regular line of products. Go out and find the obscure devices that employ new technology or adapt non-computer components to get the job done. If you want to be different, if you want to be XTREME, you have to go outside the lines! Oh, and any articles that dispell the mystery of those BIOS settings, are always helpful. Keep up the good work.

I'd like to see you expand on your BIOS settings guide with suggested optimum settings for more boards and, more importantly, comprehensive explanations of common BIOS settings.

Motherboard manuals often lack thorough explanations on what particular settings do and you will often see "Keep this set to Default" as the only comment on a particular setting.

For each setting, you could have an executive summary for a quick overview, as well as an in-depth explanation for the techies.

dorokhin

Head over to www.overclockers.com and take a look at my Tweaks Guide located in the Video/Sound card section, I have revealed all of the Tweaks for the highest 3DMark score.

Howdy Yodums! Theres a lot of overclockers.com support here!
    Maximus Nickus (www.overclockers.com)

I'll be back

Folding at Home, join us!
    Proud Member of the 3DMark Oc'ers team

My Heatware
    Be calm, Relax, and the answer will come to you

I'd like to see the new High Point Serial ATA raid card reviewed.

Here is the link

I'd like to know if it is faster than the onboard raid controllers and if it can stand up to overclocking.

"g"
    Last edited by gtghm; 06-29-2002 at 06:03 PM.

HOW ABOUT A CASE CONTAIN WATER COOLING SYSTEM,NOT THESE (-C )SYSTEMS THAT HAVE ALL THE HARDWARE ON A TABLE OUTSIDE THE CASE.TRY TAKING ALL THOSE PARTS TO A LAN PARTY

I'll be back

My Heatware

Hardass
    Why are you posting links in the contest thread. How is this going to improve this forum?

Sorry, forgot it was a contest forum

I'll be back

My Heatware

Id like to see more reviews on the more extreme cooling and the benifit that is gotten from it. While youre at it it would be a good idea to keep the ambient temp the same to directly compare the reviews. something that noone else seems to want to do.
    BTW-you guys/gals make this site cool (literally)
    merry xmas to all and to all and to all a good nite.

Xtreme Addict
    I thought of something else I'd like to see while I was looking at new parts and things for my comp. I'd like to see some guides on condensation proofing. Anyone going into really extreme cooling is going to need to know how to do this. Perhaps see if OPP or MrIcee would mind writing up how they did their condensation proofing.
    And while I'm at it, guides/reviews or whatever you want to call them... about peltiers. Maybe their own forum section. There doesn't seem to be a whole bunch of info around on them.

Antec TrueBlue 480
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
    Asus P5N32-E SLI
    ATI x1950xt 512MB PCI-E
    2x2GB G-Skill PC6400 DDR2
    2x74GB Western Digital Raptors in RAID 0
    2x36GB Western Digital Raptors in RAID 0
    Plextor 8X DVD Writer
    Sennheiser PC150 Headphones

This is my first post here... I'm pretty new to extreme cooling and overclocking. Here are a few things I'd like to see to help me and other new people out...
    Complete guides from purchasing to use of all forms of cooling with perhaps a rating for user level... like this form is for novices, this is for experienced overclockers, and this is for only the extreme modder/overclocker. Something like that...
    Lists of the best overclocking motherboards and processors... and the highest and average overclocks from them...
    And I would like to see more pictures in these guides so I know that I'm doing it right...

Last edited by Klith; 06-30-2002 at 08:57 AM.
    "Its Peanut Butter Jelly time, Its Peanut Butter Jelly time..."

This Game R0X!! www.realmserver.com

I like to do stuff ghetto. and by that I mean, well, make it myself rather that store bought.

For my watercooling the only thing I really brought ready made was the pump and the fans for the rad. I made the rad from a heatercore. made the waterblock with the help of a mill machine at work. made the res from a junction box from home dept.

well you get the idea.

What I was thinking on doing was maybe, MAYBE, making a phase change cooling system myself. Hacking apart a refridgerator, or an air conditioner, is probably how i'd go (i'm cheap too hehe)

Articles on do it yourself extreme stuff is kewl. I mean, creativity will always get you onto the front page of [H] or any other place that attracts attention. Because attention is good, and so is building a community.

pictures ?

excellent site -- cant think of anything to add to it -- except maybe a section for pictures of "how to's " -- i'm a visual learner -- pictures speak a thousand words to me

and i just love the dancing bananna

This is great! I got the link from my buddies over at the madonion forums. I hope I win

The front page just looks a bit plain. Get a rid of the bars and make it at least look like the news items at www.amdmb.com.
    Last edited by Gerbil; 06-30-2002 at 09:07 PM.
    MSI K7N2-L
    Athlon XP 2000+
    Corsair 256mb XMS2700
    GeForce 4 Ti 4200 64mb

Xtreme X.I.P.
    So!!! Who won?? :p
    Member of Overclockers.com Folding @ Home team
    "<The_Coolest> you can't unwaste wasted CPU cycles" - Start FOLDing now!
    Main rig:
    AMD Ryzen 7 2700X / Mobo: Asrock Fatal1ty X470 / EVO 970 500GB + WD Blue 250GB + HDD / GPU: Dell RX 570 4GB / Mem: 2x16GB DDR4-3200 G.Skill 32GTZKW TridentZ - 32GB total / PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 650W
    Secondary rigs:
    Core i7 2600K 3.4GHz @ 4.3GHz (Scythe Mugen2) / Mobo: Biostar TP67XE / 2x Inland Pro 120GB / GPU: HD5450 / Mem: 4x4GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill 8GBXL RipJawsX - 16GB total / PSU: Seasonic S12II 620W.
    Core i3 540 3.06GHz @ 4.0GHz (Freezer 7 Pro) / Mobo: MSI H55M-ED55 / GPU: Integrated / Mem: 4x2GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill 4GBRL RipJaws - 8GB total / PSU: Antec 380W.

Core Temp - Accurate temperature monitor for Intel's Core/Core 2 and AMD64 processors

Hardass
    The Winner will be anounced tomorrow morning, alot of post,s to read. Please be Patient. Thank You All.
    Hardass,

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.