Thread: How about system stability and WCG?

Xtreme Cruncher

How about system stability and WCG?

Does WCG automatically detect errors due to overclocking with BOINC showing 'unrecoverable error' in red text? And can I view my completed WU's somewhere with possible errors? I have completed a few since yesterday but nothing is reported on the stats page, even after the 24 hours update period.

I presume it's just as stressfull as R.

I'm thinking of cranking this 165 up past the 3Ghz mark since the weather is really cooling off. Just dont feel like running Prime for 24 hours, I'd rather crunch and be usefull.

Since I'm at it now, I've always wondered how they can detect these errors, is there some double calculation going on?

Join XS WCG or \/ !!
    WCG runs on BOINC just almost identical to what R@H did on my OC'ed Opty 144 rig

Got an Xtreme System? Bring it here! <----

Xtreme Cruncher
    They send each work unit to three different participants. Then they compare the results (validation).
    Anything that pushes the machine 24/7 near 100% will be stressful.
    Are you having "red text" errors? If you do list it here.
    Wait till the "red" text (if you have any) is resolved first before pushing further.
    As for your stats not showing any results yet. Check my post in this thread.
    Dual Clovertown @ 3.2 GHz (stock Vcore), 4x1GB 667 FB-DIMMS, SM X7DAE, Silencer 610 PSU, Windows server 2K3 EE.
    (professionally built & generously hosted by movieman)

AMD64 X2 4400+ @237x11 (1.39v), Corsair TwinX2048-3500LL @2.5-3-2-6-1T (2.75V), MSI K8N Neo4, Tagan 420W PSU, Windows XP Pro SP2.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Overclocking can cause errors as with any project - the red error codes within Boinc messages will indicate the presence of any with a reason code.

You can check your WU's progress by going to your WCG Member Page then to Device Manager>Results Status and click through the various drop down options to check.
    DC Prostitute - Crunching In Memory of My Dad

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Adywebb
    Overclocking can cause errors as with any project ...
    ...please assure me it's *only* what it's going to do, and not break my cpu because it cannot stand -50C any longer or burn my DDR400 running at DDR550
    2x Harpers 5492, 8GB DDR2-800 FBDIMM, SuperMicro X7DWA-N, Raptors in Raid0, 1TB Storage, Dual Watercooling loop, U2UFO, Enermax 1000W
    Some nice LianLi case, i7 965 Extreme, FoxConn BloodRage, 3x2GB OCZ Blade 2000, Zotac GTX260, Enermax 700W

Xtreme Cruncher
    Can't guarantee that I'm afraid - how you abuse your poor machines is a matter for you
    Last edited by [XC] Adywebb; 08-28-2006 at 01:17 PM.
    DC Prostitute - Crunching In Memory of My Dad