Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Message from David Baker

Xtreme Bandwith Whore
    Than David should be smart enough to begin answering all of these questions in this thread.. He has all weekend to do it. Common sense i would hope comes into play.

Dr. Rosetta
    I really don't know what to do to make everybody happy. Shall we just stick with the old credit system?

I'm delighted that there are people willing to be forum moderators. Send me an email and we will sign you up. I think a lot of the problems would not have happened if Moderator9 hadn't gotten busy, and no other volunteers really stepped forward to take his place.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by David Baker
    I really don't know what to do to make everybody happy. Shall we just stick with the old credit system?

I'm delighted that there are people willing to be forum moderators. Send me an email and we will sign you up. I think a lot of the problems would not have happened if Moderator9 hadn't gotten busy, and no other volunteers really stepped forward to take his place.
    I don't think anyone has a direct problem with the credit system and providing it gives the fair playing field to all rigs then it will be great and I will welcome it.

The problem we have is the fact it appears to have been implemented as a result of maybe 3 or 4 low contributing members repeatedly creating threads directly insulting us and accusing us of cheating. We expected a moderator or admin to step in and ban them or simply tell them that they are wrong and to go away if they don't like it however instead it seems quite the oposite happened and their wishes and moans were granted. These people still continue to troll and flame the forums and I would be very happy to see these people banned or simply told that they are wrong and to stop the flaming or they're out. This would certainly satisfy me along with a gurantee that if any future events arise we will be acknowledged, listened too and given the time and effort we deserve.

Also if I had your email address you would have one from me .

Last edited by [XC]melymel; 08-18-2006 at 05:22 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    If you dont inform us (the comunity) of your needs we wont know, i cant be a mod because i think i have the barrier of the language, but here is lot of people with the experience to do it, really the problem isnt the credits is that no one did anything to stop the guys calling us cheaters and other things it was a problem that can be solved but you guys really need some time to think about the social part of your project because its top priority for real.

i dont want to see this team leaving this project becuase i believe in it, please Dr Baker take your time and see how you need to manage this problem ask for help and you will recieve it, havin a forum is a problem that needs people to watch over it.

and i think you should speak with Jose and Dave (movieman) because those guys have things to speak with you.

i really want to help you with everything i can.

Axel Daniel Cortez Reyes
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

Xtreme Addict
    DAvid Baker:

You protestations that we are important sound like hollow lies when this letter from David Kim is taken into account
    Date: 08/18/06 20:58:52
    To: Jose
    Subject: Re: This

I'm sorry to hear this Jose.

I was not available all day today since 5am in the morning until 3 hours ago and am just now looking through the mess that has happened in that short time. Even if I was around, I doubt I would have been able to do anything short of using the new banishing utility. I've already spent way too much time on this.

good luck and best wishes.

David Kim

Both of you can recite the multiplication tables and I will not believe a single word you say.

Space for Rent

Xtreme Cruncher
    Why are you letting some stupid people who are probably just jealous of our organization and output stop you from contributing to hands down the best DC project for humanity? Who cares if someone thinks we are cheating? That's just an opinion. I'm not leaving Rosetta. No way.

Andrew McDonald

Ok, closing this thread for an hour or two.

I will discuss this with David first and go from there, lets take this a bit slower.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Hold tight, do not start a new thread.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Xtreme Legend
    Dr. Baker,

I myself do not see the use of optimized BOINC files as cheating because only machines with true SSE2 and other capabilities will score higher benchmarks with these files. The fact that Rosetta isn't programmed to make use of these capabilities is not my fault; if it did my rigs would be producing more work to earn the higher credits. Therefore the whole argument of the whiners is invalid. A Porsche is a Porsche however you choose to drive it.

I personally would like to continue with Rosetta, but if you choose to fall into the trap that Vijay Pande did at Folding@Home, that would leave me no choice but to go along with my mates.

DDTUNG
    XtremeSystems - we overclock and crunch you to the ground

I left the optimized files on three 3GHz P4 HTs. Ban me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12