Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: The Best Deal Ever !!...Turned Bad :(

Xtreme Member
    On one of my very first eBay transactions I got scammed. I bought a copy of Mario Kart Double Dash for the Gamecube (it was a fairly new game at the time) and a couple of other games. The total was like $80. I sent the money through and expected to see the games within a week or so, especially considering the very good feedback rating this guy had. A week comes and goes and I hear nothing. So I get on eBay to contact this guy and it turns out he's no longer a registered user. Right after I bought the games, he got about 2 pages full of negative feedback for items to recieved. So at this point I realized that I had been scammed and immediately filed a claim with PayPal. 30 days later, PayPal comes back and tells me that the claim has been decided in my favor, but they only managed to retrieve $8 from this guy's account. Needless to say, I'm pissed. The guy just took off with about 30 peoples' money and was never caught. I still to this day don't know what happened to that guy...I just hope he got what he had coming. Scammers and thieves are the worst.

Abit KN8
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ @ 2.6GHz
    Thermalright SI-97A w/56 CFM Panaflow
    2GB G.Skill DDR500 GBHZs 0603
    eVGA GeForce 7600GT w/Zalman VF700-CU
    Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
    160GB Western Digital 160GB Hard Drive
    500W XG Vortec Ver. 2 PSU
    NZXT Zero/Logitech MX518, X-530/Saitek Eclipse

CPU soon to be under WATER (this time I mean it)

Planned '07 upgrades: 19" widescreen LCD, mid-range DX10 card

Xtreme Member
    Touch wood i have never been scammed and jbizzler is there a update on the situation did you get any money back?????
    Epox 9ND3A+
    Amd 64 Winchester 290x9
    Amd 64 Venice 300x9
    Adata Vitesta 2x256mb PC4800
    Patriot XBLX 2X512MB
    Windows sp 2

Xtreme Member
    my computer is always on wood, so no worries there, lol. i have been scammed my share of times. its one of the worst feelings ever.
    Dr. Cameron: I thought we're wearing the wrong shoes for cancer
    House: We're wearing the wrong shoes for testicular cancer, but not for lymphoma.....except for Chase' shoes, they're just goofy.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345