Thread: 1700+ again

Xtremely slow runner

1700+ again

My mobo came back from rma so i could finally try my new ram and chip.
    So far the only stable combi i've reached is 200*9.5, i can't put the cpu higher nor the fsb (i've tried 210). I've upped the Vcore upped to 1.85 and Vdimm 2.8 but that didn't solve anything
    At 200*10 the comp would even boot. I'm sure that my chip could go much higher than that. Any advice?

ps everything is in my sig
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Av by Frisch This is not a Lime tree

Xtreme Member
    I would do some burn-in at your current higher stable speeds. You should improvements after the burn-in is finished and should be stable at little bit higher than where you are now. It has worked for me so far with my NF7-S.
    Coming Soon!!!!

Xtreme Addict
    Right now you don't know if you are bumping up against a FSB limitation, a ram limitation or a cpu limitation. Eliminate 2 of the 3 to determine if it's the other. I'd put your FSB/memory to 166 to eliminate them as the problem and see how high you can get the cpu. Once you determine the cpu's limits, you can start worrying about upping the FSB and memroy speeds and determining their limits.
    Epox 8RDA v1.1 | Athlon XP 2100+ AIUHB 0301 @ 2205 mhz (200x11) @ 1.8v | Radeon 9800 NP @ 378/324 | 2x256 MB of Corsair XMS PC3200 CAS2 | Maxtor 80gig 5400 HD | Linksys LNE100TX | SLK-800 w/42.5 cfm Sunon 80mm fan | Antec SX830 w/Antec SL400 PSU

Xtreme Addict
    anti, did you try relaxing your memory timings?

Xtremely slow runner
    Originally posted by JeffPH
    anti, did you try relaxing your memory timings?
    No i didn't
    Now i'm running stable at 200*9.5, the comp was running yesterday at full load (f@h and gta vice city).
    I'll try to go back to 180fsb and bump the multi
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Xtreme Member
    What stepping do you have?
    amd 64 3500+, 2 gb ddr400, some wires, some micro chips, some socket boards, some duck tape and lots of elmers glue

Xtremely slow runner
    I didn't write it, but i can remember that it's a JHUIB DUT3C 9

Xtreme Addict
    sounds like you need some burn in.

i had a bit of progress(i used to need 1.85v to run at 2.1GHz, and now it'll do that at 1.8v), but it's been so damn hot here lately, i gave up for the moment.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I foudn burning in to really help with my NF7-S motherbaord, TwinMOs ram and with my DLT3C 1800+ CPU!

Let me use same voltage and get slighly more fsb/cpu speed.

"There is only one thing better than having a linebacker in your office, and thats having two linebackers in your office"
    12.7Ghz folding for XtremeSystems

Xtremely slow runner
    I tried to oc it a little more and i achieve 2.3GHz but i need to put 2V and i'm a bit worried if it's too much? My temp is 52°C under load (folding). I've the bios 14 of the nf7 rev2 so i don't know by how much the sensor is offset
    Last edited by antipop; 06-07-2003 at 03:52 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    You should be fine, eventhough 53C with such watercooling is really high temperature.... what's your room temps?
    Mollov,
    Runnin' a 700MHz SlotA Thunderbird...

HardwareSight.com Owner

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Do you run F@H with SSE enabled?

I've found that to run with SSE i need to give CPU a lot more voltage than without SSE.

"There is only one thing better than having a linebacker in your office, and thats having two linebackers in your office"
    12.7Ghz folding for XtremeSystems

Xtremely slow runner
    I found some air in my setup, yesterday i've tried to bled it better and i lost 3°C
    My room temp is a bit high (it's summer here)
    I have EMI for f@h, how do you check if it's enabled?
    One last question, for the highest fsb : should i look for the highest with relaxed timing or the highest with thight timings?
    Right now i'm at 200MHz @6-2-2-2
    Last edited by antipop; 06-08-2003 at 02:36 AM.

Xtremely slow runner
    I also found that one of the case fan wasn't working, it was the intake sunon. After i plug it back my temp lowered to 48.5°C that's quite a drop compare to the 53°C i had before