Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Do all DFI Mobo RMA's look like mine??

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perry_78
    join, be aware that for DFI, they got a board that had grease in it. a computer enthusiast said he did not put grease in - for all they know he DID put grease in and is lying. So that part of their service is understandable.
    I can understand DFI's position. Is almost too obvious it appears that I put greese on it and used some sort of sub zero cooling.

I might have been too harsh to critize DFI, as if I were in that position I would immediatly suspect sub zero cooling

Yet the sad truth is somehow I received a board previously used, and not NEW. No clue if the manufacturer does this or the retailer, yet I received a board with the under side of the Socket , Overlooked.

DFI is good company, but because of people abusing their RMa system, innocent people suffer.

------------------Pushing the delta between idle and load, to the limit------------------
    KoyoThread
    7900GT 705/2040, DFI Ultra D AE0, Opty 146 3.10 Ghz, MP01 +MP05 . CPU: 19/21 GPU:24/28 Fan/Shround in progress..

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by uOpt
    In their defense, nothing beats Asus for terrible support website sections
    QFT I would likely just pitch an Asus board in the trash than deal with their "support".

I have had to RMA two DFI boards, a SLI-DR and an Expert, and I got awesome service. The SLI-DR was sent directly to Travis (Angy Games) from DFI, along with my CPU and RAM and he checked it out. After verifying that the board was actually defective he sent me back his personal test board with the BIOS already optimized and proven prime stable for my CPU and RAM. The replacement then was sent directly to him. This saved me a couple long days of waiting.

My other RMA was my last mobo, a 2 or 3 week old Expert that unexplicably died, it just refused to power up. Newegg sent me an entire new retail package, no problems there whatsoever.

Originally Posted by MikalCarbine
    Or (is it possible?) that someone bought it from Fry's fubared it, returned it and you ended up buying it, not knowing of what LURKSSS beneath the socket?

Just speculating, I believe ya though
    That sounds like the most likely scenario. Frys probably just stuck it back on the shelf thinking the motherboard didn't work with that individuals hardware, wouldn't be the first time a company did this.

Obviously if you stuck dialectric grease in a socket for a phase-change system, even if you cleaned it afterwards with isopropanol, it would still exist underneath the socket itself - which Frys wouldn't notice, but DFI have.
    Quite likely what happened, or maybe the board just didn't clock high enough for someone's liking and they cleaned it up and passed it off as an unused item for return purposes?
    In Bailout America, bank robs YOU
    Gigabyte EX58-Extreme Bios F5h
    i7-920 @ 190x20 HT on Turbo on
    6 GB OCZ XMP Ready DDR3-1600
    300GB Velociraptor (OS)- 2x250GB WD (storage)
    EVGA 8800GTX
    Samsung 2433BW 24" LCD - X-fi Platinum
    Iwaki RD30 24v pump/Meanwell 150 power supply
    Swiftech GTZ, PA 120.3, MCW60, Enzo chipset block
    Vista Business 64bit
    PCPC Silencer 750W PSU

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345