Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Help! :)

Xtreme Member
    insulation time, well thinking about it anyway...and i hope to insualte my 2500+ XP not in the mood to kill my unused 3000+ just yet. however, would it be ok to insualte the CPU like this, (yes i said insulate the cpu lol)

the black section, shows some of that black foam..commenly used on mouse matts. im allmost 100% that this would work as long as i dnt cover the core..ovcorse i could just use dielectric gel. but getting hold of that over here is a joke i bet.

Xtreme Addict
    You need the grease on in and around the socket. Even the back of the board.

How have you done the hold-down plate?

Man, this made everything soo much clearer!
    A mod should sticky this for noobs (like me).
    Finally I fully understand how things fit togheter!

Xtreme Member
    the backplate im going to use from a w/c kit ive got..should work fine i need to find some grease then.

Xtreme Member
    right guys, im starting to get abit stressed with this thing. at first i added 100% antifreeze and that bottle of stuff i showed you, that tuned into a icy slime at around -3.5 and wouldnt get anycolder. i put a drop of water in and it the temp droped down to -10 and stayed there. then the next day i added more water and this happened. went to -8 then..

ok am i doing something wrong..there issnt enought water in there to effect it this much. i think the antifrezze is freezing?

-100C Club
    I had problems with my pump freezing at -25 so is your pump still pumping??? (probably a silly question)

Also I used a 50/50 mix of anti freeze in my water and like I said it was good for -25 ish before it went to slush

Maybe try adding more water by the looks of it you will end up with an ice block in the center and water slushing around the outside or you could even try reversing the water loop have the water come in the bottom and out the top the water will be a little warmer but may still keep flowing???
    Quote Originally Posted by s7e9h3n
    Hell, if it would unlock this godly 154, I'd put on a tutu and dance around like a ballerina
    Mach 2 Problems Click
    My Work

Xtreme Member
    my pump kept pumping, even when it was a THICK slush...i just carnt work out why it keeps freezing up.. i might try doing with with some load, like hot water or somthing and see what happens

-100C Club
    What type of mix have you got in there at the moment??
    Quote Originally Posted by s7e9h3n
    Hell, if it would unlock this godly 154, I'd put on a tutu and dance around like a ballerina
    Mach 2 Problems Click
    My Work

Xtreme Member
    i would say, probably 50/50 ish or more like 60 antifreeze/ 40water...just ran another test, it droped quite quickly down to -5 then went back to -2.7 and stayed there? really dont know whats going on however as soon as it reached -5 the liquid that was being pumped froze on the rad, almost instantly.

Xtreme Member
    did some lapping today, thought ide make it like a walkthu for those who dont know how to do it..

Stage one,
    as those of you know, i brought all my watercooling bits for my "chiller" and mostly i havnt paid much attention to them as well...i had other things to worry about, but now i decided too as my mate pointed out the rubbishnuss of the waterblock i got....

as you can see from this image...NOT very shiny, and shiny is good so this is bad lol

so i got out the sand paper...most people will tell you to start with a low grain like 320 and work all the way down too, well as low as you can find. i argree with this lol. so i started with P320>P500>P600>P1200 only beacuse this is all i could find in the garage..and this is what i got.

which is better..not good enought tho, but i didnt have anything lower than P1200, so i had a brain wave.

Stage 2,

having recently buffed my car, i decided maby i could do the same with the block..

so..i started with this

off i went doing that

and look how much i removed from the copper.

now after i finished with that paste, this is how it looked...still alot better but i can still see the scratches and well thats not good enought

Stage 3

T-CUT, yes the stuff you send the kids out to use on your car..which then then pour on, and remove and massive patch of paint. but i used it right, and it was good lol

after applying to a damp cloth :p , i started rubbing and removed a fair amount more of the copper..

after 20mins the finished item..

just like a mirror.

so to recap.

1. sand paper the surface, using differnt grades
    2. use rubbing compound
    3. tcut
    4. admire, your lovly mug in your heatsink/waterblock

hope this if of some use to some ppl out there.

Xtreme Member
    Umm,
    That frozen ice in the bucket is not right at -8C. You need to get some good old automotive anti-freeze, mix it 50/50 with water. If that is frezzing like that at only -8c, then it's not real anti-freeze, that would be used in a automotive cooling system.

RussC

Xtreme Enthusiast
    my god, i could use that block to get an eyelash out of my eye its so reflective.

0.0 good god man!

Quote Originally Posted by freecableguy
    I'll come blow on your heatsink for a dollar. Thats pretty ghetto
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon th MG Pony
    sorry to sound harsh but so would you if some one asked if nitroglycerin was a good coolant for his car!
    Check out my forum: http://www.anarchyst-it.com

Xtreme Addict
    Your mix isn't 50/50 the windshield wash is not 100% glycol. Only with 'added anti-freeze agent' which could mean anything. You need to go to an automotive store and get pure glycol.

Have you lapped your CPU yet? Your block came up great but if it is to mate with a rough CPU surface then it's not helping much.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234