Quote Originally Posted by tjj
I'd really like to see a look on someone's face, who has been saving a long time for some high-quality RAM and in the end, it turns out that it was all for nothin. Imagine yourself in our skin, how would you feel about it? 260 DDR520 is the MAX i can get out of this RAM on a DFI nF4, no matter what. I could've bought UTT, for half the price! Why should OCZ, by fooling customers, get their money THIS easy? 'Don't whine' u say, yeah.. From the other side it always seems 'no big deal'..
I've spent around 240 EUR for a bunch of OCZ's TCC5 crap.. The performance (+oc potential) for this money is just HILARIOUS!
Another dissatisfied user here. My Venice can do 9x300 or 10x270 all day long but my rev2's won't go above 260 even at 2.5-4-4-10 timings. And its memtest stable up to ddr600 at these same timings so memtest doesn't mean . Worst part is that I bought these when the price was still $280 USD so now if I really want TCCD I have to sell these at a huge loss and hope to find some that have real TCCD...

The point is that OCZ changed the chips in their product line, so they should have changed the name of the product line. Call it rev3 or something. While there may be some tcc5 out there that does 300 no sweat, most of us are seeing problems getting past 265. I just feel a little betrayed by OCZ...I understnd they have no legal obligation to tell me what the chips are and since mine do 2-2-2-5 at 200 than i guess i can't complain....but come on everyone knows why these dimms were so hot when they first came out....I simply would not have purchased these if I knew they were not TCCD...plain and simple.