Quote Originally Posted by macci
1.6G dothan is a ~200€ product even here in Finland, the Aopen mobo is in the 230€ range. Sure its more than a 2800+ and k8ns but then again I think that it does offer a bit more too
btw, just ordered the AOpen board since it has a lot more space in the CPU socket area PLUS it has connectors for front panel USB

charlie, a chipset limitation (amount of PCI slots) might be a reason why we see only mATX mobos. Not sure about this thou.

"Oh, and what divider raios are available?"

DFI bios offers 1:1, 4:3 and 5:3 for RAM divider, AGP/PCI 1/3, 1/4, 1/5 and 1/6 are listed in the BIOS but I'm not sure if they all work (boot at 150FSB w/ 1/5 for instance wont load OS). AGP/PCI fixed option is available too.

"Macci: Did you tired it with DDR Booster yet..??"

Nope, I just did the easy FB->GND resistor mod, also the mobo has only two ram slots and I'm going to use 2x512MB so there is no space for booster. Also I think I read that the booster wont work w/ the DFI mobo. Vdimm is regulated from 5V rail btw..
So far I've hit 253MHz 2-2-2-5 w/ Mushkin PC3500 256MB stick. Does that already at around 3.35V and increaseing Vdimm didn't seem to improve things at all - so I'm guessing a chipset limitation again..(these sticks pass 3DMark on S939 board in DC mode at 270+).

Might go and pick up a 2G dothan from the stilt today
20x multi should be enough (20x170 ).

thanks for the info....