Ok.. this is a recent issue, and hardware has not been changed .. when overclocking i am getting a hard shut down. it happens when the CPU load goes to full 100%.

As an example, If I run at 4600 mhz (1.35v and do a LINX run, everything is fine.. but if I up the voltage to say 3.9 or more and run linx.. when it gets to 100%, will shut down PC.

I can set at 4900 and 1.43v and PC shuts down when goes from 99% to 100% in linx, or instantly if prime.

I have 2 x1200 power supplies and have swapped everything, so its not that.

Here is the thing.. I have a get around.. and noticed, that if I run linx for a few seconds and stop before 100% load.. do it a couple of times, then increase from 4600 to 4900 and up v to 1.43v .. I can run linx past 100% and do prime without issue.. then while active can overclock without issue

If I wait till cools down., idle it will shut down again when trying to fully load.

I can actually take the CPU beyond 5100mhz, so doe not seem limited.. its just the instant load after idle that seems to trigger a hard shut down

I have played with LLC, even disabled hyperthreading, played with power options, voltages, .. I have changed the 8 and 4 pin CPU cables.. added the eazy plug 4 pin, and still shut off when doing the instant 100% load..

I suspect either MB (perhaps I have damaged something or CPU.. .. of course it may be time to upgrade MB... perhaps a R.E. V if one actually comes out in a few days..

.. just wondered if anyone else has ever had this.. I did in the past when overloading a power supply under heavy graphics benching, but here I am not even overclocking the 3 cards to get the shut down effect...

Any suggestions?

%