• Design 1

3 100.00%
  • Design 2

0 0%

Thread: What do you think of my pot?

Threaded View

Xtreme Member

What do you think of my pot?

I want a pot, but I'm on a budget so I decided I'm going to make my own.

Stopped by the hardware store, and came up with two designs. I didn't have my money with me, so I didn't buy either but that worked out because now I can get input on which of my two designs I should go with.

The end cap that I'll use as a base and the two larger tubings (they didn't have any tubing that was longer, so I'm gonna have to use those two pieces if I want that height) are both 2". I found a thick copper insert that fits perfectly in the end cap and adds decent weight, that piece alone costs $14.

Total I would say it weighs around 5LB

Total height of both designs will be this, now that I'm home and have a ruler...that's about 7" tall.

The view down the top of design 1

The base of design 1

Individual components of design 1

Idea for design 2, but I forgot I could also add 1 of those small tubes like in design 1 to the center here.

Better view of what's going on in design 2

Design 2 has a small gap at the bottom, and the "step down" sized tube doesn't fit snug in the ring, so acetone could actually go up and surround it better.

Please let me know your thoughts on which design I should go with, and if you have any ideas to improve upon the design.
    The only issue I see with design 1 is there will be a lot of technical soldering to get those 3 inner tubes mounted.

Lastly, I have a question on my soldering...do I need to use a MAP torch for this? What type of solder should I use? And do you think I'll have issues with being sealed off to leaks?

Edit: forgot to mention this is for DICE.
    Last edited by fl0w3n; 05-02-2011 at 05:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister
    Do you really go on your computer...to look at computers?