Thread: 120mm Fan Testing on an MCR120 Radiator Round 6

Threaded View

Xtreme X.I.P.
    FYI,
    I got about a dozen or so fans tested or retested last night. It's a bit cooler 18C as opposed to 20-21C on this batch and this is how the batch checked in using the yate medium as my check and baseline fan. It seems noise level vs air flow remains relatively good, however the temperature does affect the air flow per RPM a bit more than I expected, I suppose because the air is slightly more dense?)

Since we're really just looking for noise vs cfm, I suppose this is still ok, but something to be aware of. There will be some error in the max CFM at 12V depending on temperature. (32.5CFM vs 30.5CFM or about a 2CFM difference in max at 12V.)

On the noise vs air flow chart, it was generally fairly close within about .5dbA, with a couple of bumps that were about 1dbA different.

I'll accept that and just acknowledge repeatability on the noise vs CFM is typically better than 1dBA, and CFM per RPM is repeatable to about 2CFM.

Plenty to start processing for a few days..mostly retests, but it should add to the round database..
    Attached Images Attached Images