Thread: Acer AL2216W 22" LCD Mini Review

Threaded View

Xtreme Enthusiast

Acer AL2216W 22" LCD Mini Review

First off, sorry the pics are so crapy, but all I had to take them with was my treo.

I recently picked this up for my office pc. (replacing an old 17" LCD) I was a little weary at first, as it has the same resolution as most 20" wide screens (1680x1050) But for the price (250 US!) I couldn't resist.

I was slightly expecting a cruddy image quality, but I have to say the crispness is pretty damn near my 3007. Its bright (a bit too bright sometimes) crisp and detailed. The main drawback with these displays is the back light bleed commonly seen with TNT panels.

I really wish I could get a decent shot of it, but the picture is MUCH worse than it actually is. Its still decently noticeable in darker applications, but really very easy to cope with as a general use monitor. The black levels are pretty bad out of the box, but with a little tweaking using the nvidia drivers, it gives some very good darks.

The big kicker for me was the desktop space. Much easier to work with documents.

Overall, its not the best gaming monitor (But does a very good job still.) but for a general work monitor, I think its a fantastic deal for the price! Well worth it if your office needs a upgrade.
    Last edited by KennethChong; 01-25-2007 at 05:33 PM.