Thread: L12 mod

Threaded View

Xtremely slow runner

L12 mod

I want to try the L12 mod on the tbred next week but first i want to be sure what bridges i need to close. Is it the third L12 bridge? Is there a gap like the L1?
    If i do this my cpu will be a 166MHz chip, right?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm editing this post to give you the most info on the first page (at last some will say)

What is it ?: it's a mod to convert a 133MHz fsb cpu to a 166MHz fsb cpu

Who should do it ? : everybody that owns a 133MHz fsb cpu (ie 1700+, 1800+, ...) and a Abit NF7 board rev2. You might want to try it if you have another brand but i don't know if you should expect some gain from it.
    ps : i forgot to add this is only for the board that have at least the C1 chipset from nvidia (meaning here the abit rev2, it won't work on an abit rev1.2 or lower! If you have a rev1.2 check the link at the end of the post)

Why should i do it ? : because it helps to get high fsb in most case

How do i know if it worked ?: It depends on your chip, if the same multi exist in the 166fsb cpu then you'll get the name of this cpu when you boot your comp for the first time. If the multi doesn't exist (like for the 1700+) then the bios will say that your chip is a 1100MHz cpu and i think you'll only have access to user specific settings in the softmenu

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer : i'm in no way responsable of anything stupid that might happen to your cpu, you should be careful when messing with the pins or bridge. This post has not all the info in it but most of it, so i advice you to read the full thread, if you have any other questions feel free to ask in the end.
    Also if you noticed a mistake, or that i forgot something, please pm and i'll be happy to add it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's two different way to do the mod, it's either by connecting two bridge or by connecting two pins

The L12 mod : First fill the gap with some non conductive paste (thermal paste or some glue) then with the help of conductive ink connect the 3rd L12 bridge (hence the name)

The pin mod : this consist in connecting two pin on the back of the cpu
    You can either do it with a small wire or some conductive ink

On this pic, the shown area is the bottom right bit of the cpu and the golden arrow is facing top left.

You have to connect the pin AH30 to the ground one of the 2 pin like AG31 or AH32

You can check this link http://www.geocities.com/trats102002/nf7sFsbsense.html

Another useful link (candjac website), if you're looking something about the bridges on amd system you'll find it here http://www.beachlink.com/candjac/index.htm

Edit 1
    i forgot this link, it's a thread of Majormav where he explain how to do a pin mode http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...threadid=17656

Also this link if you own a rev1.2 board and a 166fsb cpu
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...&threadid=6934

ps I wanted to thanks everybody who contributed in this thread, i can name some but i'll forget other so i'd rather thank you all as a whole.

pps i've used some pics without the agreement of the owner so if you found one of your pics and want me to remove it, pm i'll do it

ppps : like i said in the disclaimer, if you think that i've something wrong or that i should add something pm me and i'll be happy to correct my mistake
    Last edited by antipop; 10-25-2003 at 04:27 AM.
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Av by Frisch This is not a Lime tree