Quote Originally Posted by TimothyB
Well I had made the mistake of getting the ZX with my DS3 and the computer didn't post, and I didn't have any spare 240pin ram around and the cheapest stick in town was $60.

I'm atleast glad that this makes it 99% sure why my new pc didn't work.

What happened to you guys with the DS3 and this ram when turning on the computer, would it just sit on with the fans running, or would it endlessly restart?

My system at first would power on for a second, lose power, then come back on and just sit there. I could hold the button for 5 seconds to shutdown and it would not do that 1 second shutdown thing from then on until turning off the psu and pulling the power cable and trying to turn it on again. But after messing with it by disconnecting things and reconnecting and so on before I learned of this ram problem it now just turns, then off, then on, then off, and so on without the cpu fan never getting a chance to spin up.

I'm nervously waiting for some Corsair ram that ZipZoomFly has been processing for 2 days even though I selected overnight, so it won't ship until tomorrow, arriving Firday morning.

I'm so scared of how the system has been running and with no indicating lights on the mobo or beeps I have no idea if something else is wrong.

If I had known ZZF would take so long I would have bought that extra stick of ram to start and test the system and done an exchange with Gskill overtime.

Endless restarting with the nr until I booted with some kingston and set to 2.3v and 5-5-5-15. Saved, whipped the kingston out put a stick of g.skill in, booted to windows logo, froze. Inserted second stick of g.skill just for the sake of it, black screen, no self test. Inserted g.skill in different slots same result. Inserted g.skill in bag and posted back, bought another stick of kingston 533 and am now running happily at 400x7, 1:1, 1.9v, 5-5-5-15, bios f4c