Thread: Need Pencil Vmod help

Xtreme X.I.P.

Need Pencil Vmod help

Hey guys i know there is a pencil mod for 8400GS, i found on for gigabyte, but the design is diferent.

Here is a pic of the card i have on the back, please point me where to vmod or where do you need a higher res image, vGPU or vMEM

Thanks in advance

Did some searching and found this to be the IC PDF

here is a picture of the vmod is it right?
    Last edited by metro.cl; 12-10-2007 at 07:34 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Looks to be correct, so yes i'd attach a VR between FB pin, or any spot with continuity or 0 ohms connection to FB pin - and ground. Looks like the other red spot will be directly connected & the green point is ground although id find another ground point thats 'nicer' to solder to Measure the resistance of the FB pin to ground, multiply it by 20 and thats the size of VR you need to get. Get a multiturn VR it will give you the control you need single turn ones are too sensitive.

I just have to state standard disclaimer - i take no responsibility for anything if it goes wrong may wanna wait till someone else confirms this before going ahead
    Last edited by Timbosan; 12-10-2007 at 09:24 PM.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Well i painted the resitor with the green and red dot and actually volts decreased

So im lost here, it should have upped it.

1.55 with multi at 20kohm to 1.28 with multi at 20kohm, made the volts go down from 1.25v to 1.13v.

If anyone know how i can pencil mod a resistor let me know

Xtreme X.I.P.
    anyone else?