Thread: "There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications..."

Xtreme Member

"There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications..."

"There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again."
    uhm has anyone else noticed that this doesnt seem to be true? A few weeks back after one of the recent XS database crashes, I started getting an email for EVERY reply that was posted to one of my subscribed threads, regardless of whether I had visited the thread or not. Only mildly annoying, but is this supposed to be happening?

On a busy thread I can wind up with 10-15 emails from the Daemon after a good night's sleep.
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P v1.6 bios FC
    Q9650 @ 4.3ghz
    8GB HyperX 5-5-5-15
    Win7 x64 RTM

pepsi fiend
    same here
    Lanparty Ultra-D DEAD|REVIVED
    X2 3800+ LDBHE 0606 EPMW 2950 @ 1.55v DEAD|STILL DEAD
    Powercolor X1900XT 725/873
    dell 2005fpw 20.1''

Quote Originally Posted by afireinside
    "uh yeah is this DFI RMA dpt? yeah I was setting up your ultra-d motherboard last night and the pwm shot a flame at me... can you give me a new one?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Popo
    if you wont eat all of your vegetables einCe will come and get you!

XS Mad Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckMan212
    uhm has anyone else noticed that this doesnt seem to be true? A few weeks back after one of the recent XS database crashes, I started getting an email for EVERY reply that was posted to one of my subscribed threads, regardless of whether I had visited the thread or not.
    the thread or the forum?

maybe a mis-type in your post - but the "new replies" flag is normally reset when you visit the forum, regardless of whether you visit the thread.

Xtreme Member
    well not sure what you mean, but here's whats been happening:

1) I subscribe to a thread
    2) leave the forum
    3) ....la de da de da......
    4) someone replies
    5) I get an email
    6) someone else replies
    7) I get another email...
    8) and so on.............

So I get an email for each reply even when I dont visit the forum.
    It used to be you only got the first email and then until you visit the forum again, you dont get any more replies.

Unless someone hijacked my account and is logging in as me? or is this happening to someone else also?
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P v1.6 bios FC
    Q9650 @ 4.3ghz
    8GB HyperX 5-5-5-15
    Win7 x64 RTM

XS Mad Scientist
    I figured that's what you meant, but in your OP you said "whether I'd visited the thread or not" (emphasis mine and added) - In case you wrote exactly what you meant I wanted to post to clarify. It does sound like there is a bug in the server software.

YouTube Addict
    Weekly notification is what I use and I never had a single problem like that
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was