Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boiling Water in Low Pressure

I am Xtreme
    there shouldn't be a water in the refrigerant loop, water on the outside of the coil don't matter.

Xtreme Addict
    Actually, I'm draining the water loops... :p
    Regards, Stew.....

- This message brought to you by Frank Lee E. Snutz

I am Xtreme
    if you want to drain water make or use a suction canister, like the ones you see at the head of beds in the er or icu, to make one take a container with a good lid and put 2 hose in it just thru the top,make 1 go thru a inch more than the other ,this will be your suction line. hook one to a vacuum source and use the other to draw out fluid. I'll post a pic of a comericial one
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7c_1_b.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	35625  
    Last edited by wdrzal; 05-20-2006 at 02:15 PM.

Banned
    Water's tripple point wont happen in any's house..if it does id like to say first congrad's.next id like to tell u that your screwed...water convering energy to plazma would be like setting a atom bomb off inside your pc...id like to watch that

Xtreme Addict
    Like I said, I'm not worried bout no tripple phase. :p Plasma is obviously out of the question lol; I was just stating that its the next phase above gas because I didn't know what they meant by tripple point hehe...
    Regards, Stew.....

Banned
    Yea but plazma is so cool! I was reading last night about a 10mv plazma soil hardening unit...yeas 10 million volt plazma torch..used to turn the foundation of a new building into rock.....the ion processing rate must be exponential and the sheilding gas must go through some hell!

Here to help
    Quote Originally Posted by BB mods's
    Water's tripple point wont happen in any's house..if it does id like to say first congrad's.next id like to tell u that your screwed...water convering energy to plazma would be like setting a atom bomb off inside your pc...id like to watch that
    The triple point of water can happen in anyones house(at xtremesystems anyway ), as the triple point of water is 0 C at 0.0887239353 psi, i.e. the temp and pressure where liquid solid and gaseous water can co exist.

However that has nothing to do with Steweis Dilema

Regards

John.
    Last edited by pythagoras; 08-12-2005 at 04:35 PM.

"Thermodynamics is a funny subject. The first time you go through it, you don't understand it at all. The second time you go through it, you think you understand it, except for one or two points. The third time you go through it, you know you don't understand it, but by that time you are so used to that subject, it doesn't bother you anymore".

Xtreme Addict
    Well, today I've completed the rig up for my condenser loop. Although I hope the pipes are low enough, otherwise I won't be fitting them under my bed lol. Got valves on both ends.

Leak tested it under 40 PSI, found a leak or two, fixed it. Tested again, no leaks. Then I drew a vac to check for leaks again. Strange as it seems, sometimes you can burst test something and it passes, but then it wont hold a vac. Mind held. Odds are any water that was inside boiled off in the 6 or 7 minutes.

The cooler loop is my dilema though. However, I did learn one thing with the condenser loop hehe. When I pressurized it, and opened a valve, the water blew out lol. There wasn't much in there to begin with, but it was kinda cool hehe.
    Regards, Stew.....

LOL stewie.. vaccum or pressure.. both seem to do the job i guess.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by BB mods's
    Yea but plazma is so cool! I was reading last night about a 10mv plazma soil hardening unit...yeas 10 million volt plazma torch..used to turn the foundation of a new building into rock.....the ion processing rate must be exponential and the sheilding gas must go through some hell!

holy ...10mv???....hell is right....

Xtreme Addict
    We use plasma cutters at work to cut steel. Fun to watch hehe.
    Regards, Stew.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12