Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official X2 Overclocking Discussion Thread

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NickK
    Is that the RRP excluding VAT @17.5%? If so the total cost would be over 450ukp.
    nah, the price includes VAT
    My Specz... Pic 1, Pic 2, Pic 3, Pic 4.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________

jdogg707 - let's compare notes, eh? When does your CPU arrive?
    AMD Athlon64 X2 4200+
    Shuttle SN25P SFF
    Dell NVidia Geforce 6800 GTO 256MB PCI-E
    2x512MB OCZ PC3200EL CL 2-2-2-5 Platinum Rev2
    1x74GB WD Raptor
    1x300GB Maxtor Maxline II (Storage/Archive)
    NEC 3500 16x DL DVD Burner
    VIA Envy24PT 7.1 Sound (onboard)
    Logitech Z-5500D Speakers
    Logitech MX3100 Cordless Desktop
    30" Apple Cinema Display
    [XPPro32/XPPro64(testing)/OS10.4(testing)]

Phenom™
    The x2's were "officially" released last month Well, I guess I should post the first OC here :
    1.488 Vcore-

Quote Originally Posted by Eto
    jdogg707 - let's compare notes, eh? When does your CPU arrive?
    Sounds good! I have it pre-ordered both from Monarch and a smaller place called Tank Guys, and will keep which ever order comes in first. I have also heard Newegg is supposed to start selling them on the 15th, so I may order from there as Tank Guys says the 18th and Monarch says the 16th. I already have my RAM, and have an X800XL to hold me over until the G70 is released.

What CPU do you have now? Or is this your first build with the SN25P? I have a 3800+ Venice that won't run stable past 2.52GHZ (1.45V). I try putting more juice into it, but I get nothing from it, as Prime fails instantly. I have my RAM underclocked and everything, HTT at 4, and my temps are pretty good. Hopefully the new CPU and RAM will prove to be a little more friendly to overclocking.
    My System
    Intel Core i7-2600K
    Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z
    16GB Corsair Dominator GT DDR3 2133
    3 x Sapphire Radeon HD7970 Video Cards in TriFire
    Intel 520 240GB SSD
    2 x Western Digital 2TB RE4 Hard Drives (RAID 1)
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD
    Bigfoot Networks Killer NIC 2100
    Silverstone FT02
    Corsair K90 Keyboard and Logitech G700 Mouse
    Dell U3011 30" LCD Monitor

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by s7e9h3n
    The x2's were "officially" released last month Well, I guess I should post the first OC here :
    1.488 Vcore-
    Mutter, moan *green* I think this should be disallowed... hand/cherry picked.. blah blah blah..

Not bad Need some real benches showing actual processing performance rather than just core speed (which is going to go in the 4600 as it will spend more if it's time stalled compared to the 4800 thus generate less heat imo).

Need to run a standardised SETI/folding work packet (or two in parallel in the X2's case).
    Still using the ADA4400DAA6CD CCBWE 0517MPMW

Phenom™
    Mutter, moan *green* I think this should be disallowed... hand/cherry picked.. blah blah blah..

Not bad Need some real benches showing actual processing performance rather than just core speed (which is going to go in the 4600 as it will spend more if it's time stalled compared to the 4800 thus generate less heat imo).

Need to run a standardised SETI/folding work packet (or two in parallel in the X2's case).
    Hey, sorry if that's the ONLY x2 I had. Next time I'll go out and buy a retail cpu just so I can submit a screenshot here And last time I checked, this wasn't a competition so any OC'd x2 screenshot should be allowed:

If you wanna see more "calculations" with this cpu, then look for the #1 Score in PCMark 04 and you'll see all the numbers you want, since this is the cpu OPB took the top spot with....

Xtreme Member
    Hey, sorry if that's the ONLY x2 I had. Next time I'll go out and buy a retail cpu just so I can submit a screenshot here And last time I checked, this wasn't a competition so any OC'd x2 screenshot should be allowed:

If you wanna see more "calculations" with this cpu, then look for the #1 Score in PCMark 04 and you'll see all the numbers you want, since this is the cpu OPB took the top spot with....
    Maybe I should have put more smilies in that post

Any chance of you running two Super PIs - each one with it's affinity to a different core?
    Last edited by NickK; 06-13-2005 at 09:40 PM.

Xtreme Member

Rejected order at Komplett

I found this amusing:

I Pre-ordered my X2 last from Komplett after i saw the number of available cpu's on the 21st decreasing (Pre-orders)

Yesterday I logged in to my account and the status of the order was set to REJECTED

I checked my bank account and Komplett had already reserved the exact amount for my order to ensure that i had enough money, so what was the problem? Emailed them and this is what they said:

Geeeez Komplett....I'm sorry for living in the wrong hood! lol

Xtreme Mentor
    [QUOTE=jdogg707 I have also heard Newegg is supposed to start selling them on the 15th, so I may order from there as Tank Guys says the 18th and Monarch says the 16th. [/QUOTE]

May I ask where you heard this?
    {2012 27imac-3.4i7-680mx-32gb ram-768SSD+External TB Samsung840pro ssd + TB velociraptors-Moto828mkIII/Marantz/Amphion Sound-HPzR30w 2nd monitor}

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent-JCDenton
    Geeeez Komplett....I'm sorry for living in the wrong hood! lol
    Damn, that's bad. Hope they keep their word and reserve you one from the first depleted batch (Just out of curiousity, what's the nearest city from where you live?)

Wish I had got off my backside sooner and pre-ordered a X2-4400 as well

komplett seem to still have allocation left...

Xtreme Member

Cool

They only have allocation of every X2 model apart from the 4400 X2. At least that's how it is at the time of posting, look at the bottom 4 items on this page...

http://komplett.co.uk/k/kl.asp?bn=10483

Edit:

I checked it again at 17:40GMT and now they have more for per-order now... either that or they've decided all the previous pre-orders were also fraudulant and promptly cancelled them
    Last edited by [timko]; 06-14-2005 at 08:45 AM.

[QUOTE=xgman]
    Quote Originally Posted by jdogg707 I have also heard Newegg is supposed to start selling them on the 15th, so I may order from there as Tank Guys says the 18th and Monarch says the 16th. [/QUOTE

May I ask where you heard this?
    Anandtech Forums

Direct Link to Image

Another Image
    My System
    Intel Core i7-2600K
    Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z
    16GB Corsair Dominator GT DDR3 2133
    3 x Sapphire Radeon HD7970 Video Cards in TriFire
    Intel 520 240GB SSD
    2 x Western Digital 2TB RE4 Hard Drives (RAID 1)
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD
    Bigfoot Networks Killer NIC 2100
    Silverstone FT02
    Corsair K90 Keyboard and Logitech G700 Mouse
    Dell U3011 30" LCD Monitor

Xtreme Member

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by [timko]
    Damn, that's bad. Hope they keep their word and reserve you one from the first depleted batch (Just out of curiousity, what's the nearest city from where you live?)

Wish I had got off my backside sooner and pre-ordered a X2-4400 as well
    I think I got lucky. The 4400+ are sold out at Komplett. I got a reply from them today morning when i re-ordered saying they've allocated one for me, there were only 3 left then and they've all been pre-ordered now. Looks like a lot of people are betting on the 4400+ to be the best bet in terms of performace/price.

Timko, my nearest city is Birmingham.

My address is:
    Address line 1: 1 Fraudsters Lane,
    Address line 2: Fraudon
    City: Fraudingham.
    Post Code: FRA UD

What is so suspicious about that?!

Komplett had better deliver that X2

Xtreme Member
    That address looks ok to me. Is your full name Mr O.B. Laden?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Got an e-mail from Tiger Tirect that my 4400+ has been shipped and will be here Thursday

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender17
    Got an e-mail from Tiger Tirect that my 4400+ has been shipped and will be here Thursday
    I was thinking about ordering from there but Monarch posted earlier

Xtreme Member
    Well into the last week of the wait.. assuming it's shipped on the day.

Spent last night modding the old chieftech case - removing all the fan grills and smoothing the cut edges down with a dremel. The 4in3 cage fits nicely into the lower 5.25 bays leaving enough room for a DVD drive.
    Never knew dremel+steel case is so pretty.. loads of sparks!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ewitte
    I was thinking about ordering from there but Monarch posted earlier
    yeah I was gonna order from Monarch, but they were way too high
    I got mine for $564 shipped

Xtreme Addict
    yeah I was gonna order from Monarch, but they were way too high
    I got mine for $564 shipped
    $619 from Monarch with 2day shipping and 3 year warranty (through them)... it forgot to add the $13 or so for the warranty... but it still lists it on the invoice

Phenom™
    Maybe I should have put more smilies in that post

Any chance of you running two Super PIs - each one with it's affinity to a different core?
    Sorry if I misinterpreted your post. It's just that I seem to get a lot of crap from people when all I'm doing is bringing the newest cpu's to XS. Seems many people hear are either ungrateful or are haters . I don't have the cpu anymore, but there is a thread here where jnav89gt runs 2 instances of spi1m with his 4400+. I'll see if I can get OPB over here to do that as well.

jdogg707 - currently running (or was running now that the X2 has arrived) s754 3200 - the sn25p is brand new, about to start putting everything together.

Before I begin though (and maybe others can shed some light as well) - do the two motherboard power cables on this sff supply any power to the x16 pci-e card slot? I have a vague recollection of someone hooking up the 6 pin PCI-E power cable to the card and frying it due to the MB already supplying the power.

Eeek, another thing is that there are only 2 4 pin standard molex connectors on this thing - and the molex to 6 pin adapter cable I have requires two inputs. Am I going to run into any problems with this? The card is a Dell GTO, lower clocked than the GT, and it cannot die - LOL - it took me weeks to find this gem.

Thanks all & good luck! =)
    AMD Athlon64 X2 4200+
    Shuttle SN25P SFF
    Dell NVidia Geforce 6800 GTO 256MB PCI-E
    2x512MB OCZ PC3200EL CL 2-2-2-5 Platinum Rev2
    1x74GB WD Raptor
    1x300GB Maxtor Maxline II (Storage/Archive)
    NEC 3500 16x DL DVD Burner
    VIA Envy24PT 7.1 Sound (onboard)
    Logitech Z-5500D Speakers
    Logitech MX3100 Cordless Desktop
    30" Apple Cinema Display
    [XPPro32/XPPro64(testing)/OS10.4(testing)]

Xtreme Addict
    Sorry if I misinterpreted your post. It's just that I seem to get a lot of crap from people when all I'm doing is bringing the newest cpu's to XS. Seems many people hear are either ungrateful or are haters . I don't have the cpu anymore, but there is a thread here where jnav89gt runs 2 instances of spi1m with his 4400+. I'll see if I can get OPB over here to do that as well.
    Its not hatred... jealousy would be a better word

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ewitte
    Its not hatred... jealousy would be a better word
    its sad some people cant be happy for the guy.. if he didnt post em here, hed post em elsewhere? would we really want our personal differences to get in the way of something like that?
    personally i think its great of him to bring us the lastes or cpus.. i think its brill he can hand pick a brand new cpu and sell it to one of our fourum members.

Phenom™
    Quote Originally Posted by bxa121
    its sad some people cant be happy for the guy.. if he didnt post em here, hed post em elsewhere? would we really want our personal differences to get in the way of something like that?
    personally i think its great of him to bring us the lastes or cpus.. i think its brill he can hand pick a brand new cpu and sell it to one of our fourum members.
    Thx for the support. BTW, that other 4600+ I had has some BIG things in store for it. Next week, it's going under LN2 for a shot @ the top spot on PCMark04's Orb....

Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast