Thread: Athlon64 Overclocking Optimizer

Threaded View

Xtreme Member

Talking Athlon64 Overclocking Optimizer

Hi everybody i've been reading these forums for a while now but i've never actually posted here so first of all: greetings to everyone

I've recently made a script that allows you to fill in your maximum cpu, memory and htt speed, and it will try to find the best combinations of multipliers and dividers to run everything as close as possible to their maximum speed.

I've improved it a lot over the last few days since i read about how the memory clock is derived from the cpu frequency, it should now work correctly with half multipliers and memory dividers!

Update: I've added Rev E memory dividers to the script, the memory divider table, and the OC Browser. Hope everything is correct.

Athlon64 Overclocking Optimizer

Instructions:

1) Finding Maximum Values
    First of all you should find out how far each component can overclock individually. You'll need to know your maximum HTT/FSB, CPU, RAM and optionally also the Hypertransport bus. People who don't know how to do this should have a read at this thread:
    http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...VIEWTMP=Linear

2) Fill Them In
    Once you know all the maximum speeds that your hardware can do you simply fill them in in the form called "Known Maximum Values" on the page and hit " GO! ".
    A table with HTT, multiplier and divider combinations should appear. The table is sorted according to how close the values are to your maximums, the best options should at the top.

3) Importance Weighting
    The table Importance Weighting is where you can de define how important it is to you that the specific component runs close to it's maximum. It will make the trade-offs based on those settings.
    Generally the importance weighting is fine on the default setting.

cpu 100 (cpu is king)
    ram 10 (also take the memory into consideration)
    ht 0 (not important)
    htt 0 (not important)

When a weight is set to 0 it will still favour the highest possible multi or divider, so for example it won't suggest to run your HT bus at 2x while it could run at 3x.

In most situations you shouldn't have to change the weights.

4) Important Notes

To get a large number of results to choose from, it is important that you enter a high HTT value. Please do actually test what it's maximum is, instead of just entering the HTT that you're currently using.

Some memory dividers aren't available on all motherboards, if a memory divider is suggested in the table that isn't available on your board, you will have to look further down in the table for combinations that do work with your motherboard.
    Another option could be to look for a hacked bios.

Use of my script or it's results is completely at your own risk.
    Last edited by Gogar; 07-11-2005 at 12:03 AM.