Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: High voltage lovin voltmaster, pics , specs , release date

the jedi master
    Guys remember OCZ pioneered the BP PCB which everyone else has followed, we have been using it for 18months or so.

We are pushing to bring down latencies and give you guys what you need and want, the fact it will be cheaper than the TCCD modules is a bonus also
    Got a problem with your OCZ product....?
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Tuning PC's for speed...Run whats fast, not what you think is fast

the jedi master
    875P-T 250 1:1 2-2-2-5 settings as per the bios shot a few posts back.
    Last edited by Tony; 06-20-2008 at 01:46 PM.
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

the jedi master
    A CPU-Z to show what CPU im running and to back up the timings on the ram.

SPD shows 2.5-3-3-7 at 166 and 3-4-4-8 at 200, im sat at 250 with 2-2-2-5
    Last edited by Tony; 06-20-2008 at 01:46 PM.
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Xtreme Mentor
    wonder how this memory does in NF2 ?
    ASUS P5K-E // E8400 Q746A519
    G.Skill F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ
    LC 550W GP// XPERTVISION 9600GT

Xtreme Mentor
    This is great news. Very excited about these. One thing I am wondering though and please do correct me if I'm wrong. These chips seem to have a fair amount of inconsistency in how high they can go and at what volts. The first post by Ryan in the other thread showed these doing 233 2-2-2 at 3.3v where Eric showed a screen of them doing 260 2-2-2 at only 3.2v. I understand not all chips can be identical, and there will be variances, however, are the differences in these chips going to be great meaning we need a lot of luck to get chips that will beat our beloved BH? I understand as well you are limited to what boards you can test with and perhaps some platforms use these chips better than others. Please forgive my arrogance as I truly don't know the answer to my questions above so have asked the pros who know.

In regards to your post above of 250 at 2-2-2 what volts did you need to obtain that stable? Will NF3 require say more or less than intel at same speeds etc?

Lastly, how will these perform in NF2 boards for people who haven't jumped onto the A64 band wagon yet. I would be very curious to see how these perform with 3.3v in the DFI LPB.

I hope upon release we can get a good average and what to expect from these chips in terms of volts/speed. If it can do 260 2-2-2 with only 3.2-3.3v as Eric has showed than these would definately be better than BH based chips otherwise these may just be another alternative.

the jedi master
    Ryan didn't expect me to be able to hit ddr500 with these on an 875 board, infact he was pretty excited when i told him i had as tests back at the Lab had shown a 230 ish max 2-2-2.

Voltages are pretty consistent, 3.1+, and its gets cool at 3.3 to 3.4v with anything more not really worth it.

On the Neo2 Eric hit 260 dual channel, i hit 260 Single on the 250UT with Eric hitting 275 with a better module.

Ryan has tried to show what you can expect, its hard to spec a module like this when it needs voltage to get going, heck they won't even do 2-3-3 at 200 without 2.8Vdimm+...thats why we are pushing these to enthusiasts only and its why you will see a number of guys posting this next week with their experience and advice on how best to get the best from it. i doubt you will see many reviews as its enthusiast only with Xtreme the best place to first show it and explain what the product does.

Regarding a comparison to BH5, BH5 is gone, i keep saying this, if you have it keep it and look after it..i know i will be looking after mine This ram though is a good alternative and does 2-2-2 when juiced up at ddr500+.

If this is what your looking for then it looks like you may not have to search on Ebay much longer
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Xtreme Mentor
    Thanks for the response Tony. I have some BH-6 right now. It is ok but nothing special. 250 2-2-2 as a guarantee is nice however more is of course better. I would kill to get 260 2-2-2 with dual channel 2 X 512mb chips. It seems it is only luck of the draw in getting chips that do that and chances of getting lower are great. I will keep my eyes on this for awhile and see how they turn out. If they can outbeat my BH-6 chips without a hitch than by all means I will get myself a pair.

I was actually going to get your cream of the crop 4200 LE platinum chips. I understand these chips won't hit the high end like the 4200's however the much tighter latencies must stand for something. Would 250 2-2-2 with these chips be better than 270 2.5-3-3 on an a64 setup?

Can you guys do some tests on a NFII platform? I would love to see how they do on that as a lot of people still haven't jumped onto a64. Thanks.

Xtreme Member
    wow this really looks amazing

and they are cheap also

now who wouldn't go and buy something like that ^_^

Xtreme Addict

I'd kill for 2x512MB of 260MHz 2-2-2-5 on my NEO2 ...

Xtreme Mentor
    please make some test on DFI NF2
    ASUS P5K-E // E8400 Q746A519
    G.Skill F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ
    LC 550W GP// XPERTVISION 9600GT

Xtreme Mentor
    Exactly I think 260 is the key in me buying these. I want something that BH couldn't do under any circumstances. I can only imagine what they could do on the DFI 939 when it comes out.

Xtreme Addict
    The problem with NF2 is that is does not like 2x512s as there is to much load on the memory controller , this goes for any memory on NF 2 .
    OCZ employee and proud of it.
    If you have actually personaly experienced a problem with a OCZ product that was not solved quickly by our wonderful support staff I would like to know. Feel free to PM
    Thanks

I am overclocked!

"Posted on Mar 30, 2005 at 1:35 AM by StormGod
    In soviet Russia memory overvolts you! "

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by cantankerous
    Thanks for the response Tony. I have some BH-6 right now. It is ok but nothing special. 250 2-2-2 as a guarantee is nice however more is of course better. I would kill to get 260 2-2-2 with dual channel 2 X 512mb chips. It seems it is only luck of the draw in getting chips that do that and chances of getting lower are great. I will keep my eyes on this for awhile and see how they turn out. If they can outbeat my BH-6 chips without a hitch than by all means I will get myself a pair.

I was actually going to get your cream of the crop 4200 LE platinum chips. I understand these chips won't hit the high end like the 4200's however the much tighter latencies must stand for something. Would 250 2-2-2 with these chips be better than 270 2.5-3-3 on an a64 setup?

Can you guys do some tests on a NFII platform? I would love to see how they do on that as a lot of people still haven't jumped onto a64. Thanks.
    BH-6 is the best, ill always keep some, theyre just too good

can you see the light? is it shining too bright? can you see the light at the end of the tunnel, i know i do, i know its true.

IT Engineer in the making
    Posting edited, due to the fact that OCZ deserves some credit for their great findings!
    Last edited by celemine1Gig; 11-23-2004 at 04:59 AM.
    Quote from one of our professors:
    "Reality is hiding in the imaginary part."

Xtreme Member
    This RAM is looking very tempting, I'm just curious how much voltage I can put through it with a K8N Neo2 Plat + DDR booster?
    http://www.quakeworld.nu/
    Quake 1 - the best game ever made
    QuakeWorld - the best mod ever made

Xtreme Legend
    Hmm...

It seems that Winbond is back in the business?

Those chip look exactly like Winbond chips, so I assume that they are really ones

Found some suspicious (identical) looking chips from Kingston Valueram, so maybe I should test them out

Xtreme Guru
    I vote OCZ bundles ddr booster and charges $280 for the COMPLETE package.

Xtreme Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by trans am
    I vote OCZ bundles ddr booster and charges $280 for the COMPLETE package.
    I vote for that too...but at a lower cost
    I work for OCZ. If your having a problem with any of our products feel free to PM or email me

Xtreme Guru
    WHAT? Thanks guys!

Xtreme Mentor
    And for those of us with DDR Boosters, we should be accorded with a $30 discount.

Xtreme Member
    Anyone who uses a DDR booster with a Neo2 Plat? Whats the most voltage you can run through your RAM?

Xtreme Mentor
    I'm pushing 3.3 to 3.4V on my Platinum Revision 2s.

The only ORB-Owning Camel On XS
    ive put 3.4V into some G-Skill on an Abit AV8, ("seems" my VTT needs a reboot to track, but does)
    JoeCamel is FOLDing for... A CURE!!! 70+Ghz (please fold so i dont have to quit smoking. j/k)

6800 EX Conroe @ 4740 MHz (395 x 12) - - Dry-Ice in The Camel Pipe -
    - X1900 CrossFire - - @ 846/945 -- MachII cooled Slave XTX - mOUSE-pOT cooled Master -
    - ASUS P5W-DH -- V-Mods: MCH, V-Core, V-Dimm - - 700w "Mr Zippy" PSU
    - Corsair XMS 6400 CAS3 - 2x gig @ 494 MHz 4-4-3-1

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by conrad.maranan
    I'm pushing 3.3 to 3.4V on my Platinum Revision 2s.
    Any mods to the board itself? DDR booster alone doing it?

Xtreme Mentor
    Just a DDR Booster by itself. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast