X

Subscribe to New Ads!

Receive weekly ads in your inbox!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: After a long needed hibernation

Overclocking Guru
    Here's my rig, same old same old. Swiftech stile, Bad to the bone watercooling!

Xtreme Guru
    no pic oppainter lol
    mobo: strix b350f
    gpu: rx580 1366/2000
    cpu: ryzen 1700 @ 3.8ghz
    ram: 32 gb gskill 2400 @ 3000
    psu: coarsair 1kw
    hdd's: samsung 500gb ssd 1tb & 3tb hdd

Xtreme Legend
    WOWSA WOWSA

Eric my dear friend, such a long time Buddy Feels like old times with both of us in a forum thread ! So great to see and hear from you. You need to fix your pic above so we can see what you're packing. I'm digging the new AMD stuff, waiting for the 4000 series Ryzen and the Big Navi videocard to come out later this year to do some more 3D benching on water. Been having a ball, but no xtreme cooling for awhile, maybe after I retire in 2 years. Had multiple heart attacks last year and quintuple open heart bypass surgery and needed something to do, so turned back to the watercooled rig to play again. Hope to see you here again, drop me a PM anytime my friend !

Best regards,
    Randi

Evil Kitty
    I am late to this thread, but wow, holy cow! Randi and Eric in the same thread here on XtremeSystems in 2020. I hope you guys circle back to say hello. I miss all my dear friends from the overclocking glory days.

-mike
    9900k @ 5.1Ghz
    Asus Maximus Hero XI
    32GB (8 x 4) Gskill @4000
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    OS & Apps: Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
    Games: Samsung 970 Pro 1TB
    Storage: Crucial M500 2TB
    Seasonic Platinum 1000W
    Phanteks Evolv X

Xtreme XIP
    Quote Originally Posted by OPPAINTER View Post
    Here's my rig, same old same old. Swiftech stile, Bad to the bone watercooling!
    Here Erick , you can use Imgur to upload and host any image you want for free - https://imgur.com/upload , then click on the link for forum links and paste the url on the forum thread bar where it says upload image at the top of your post. Some image hosting services just dont work , but Imgur works 100% , i hope this helps.

Overclocking Guru
    I Love you Randi,,
    Long time no talk too.

Eric

Overclocking Guru
    bEER RUN, iLL BE BACK

opp

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by charged3800z24 View Post
    Latest AMD driver, 2050 core / 1200 mem on the Radeon VII still stock CPU. Look like my CPU is functioning properly now

that's more like it charged.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Xtreme Mentor
    Hey guys long time since I posted took a while to read through.

There seems to be built in purposeful bottlenecks on Ryzen and some things where dropped on the 3000 series. I was looking up the full specs of infinity fabric and it's read rate is double that of it's write. It's read rage is 51.2(MT) vs write or 25.6(MT). However the chiplets/core complex seem to over this with two writing in tandem( I think I may be wrong). I read AVX512 was dropped because excessive heat, power and lower clocks. If I'm correct infinity fabric is only 256 bit wide. I would hope along with speed increase and bit rate increase in coming generations for lower latency high bandwidth throughput.
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"
    "Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamekiller View Post
    You didn't get the memo? 1 hour 'Fugger time' is equal to 12 hours of regular time.

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by demonkevy666 View Post
    Hey guys long time since I posted took a while to read through.

There seems to be built in purposeful bottlenecks on Ryzen and some things where dropped on the 3000 series. I was looking up the full specs of infinity fabric and it's read rate is double that of it's write. It's read rage is 51.2(MT) vs write or 25.6(MT). However the chiplets/core complex seem to over this with two writing in tandem( I think I may be wrong). I read AVX512 was dropped because excessive heat, power and lower clocks. If I'm correct infinity fabric is only 256 bit wide. I would hope along with speed increase and bit rate increase in coming generations for lower latency high bandwidth throughput.
    chiplets getting dropped for starters, that should reduce latency in itself. The real bottlenecks come in 3900x/3950x competing for memory access on 2 dies which is semi mitigated by running DR dims but still a bandaid. 3900x/3950x really needed a TR Dimm layout aka 2 channels designated per die layout but then that would defeat the HEDT product line.
    Last edited by chew*; Today at 09:06 PM.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567