Thread: The Threadripper Report (or the lack of it)

Hybrid View

Brilliant Idiot
    I concur on the mounting.

I had a heck of a time getting m 3.5 threaded rod...

I can tell you that anyone who goes to Microcenter to build a TR rig is stuck with crappy AIO. There are no air sinks in stock.

I also need to call swiftech....i ordered my mounts last friday...even paid for priority mail 3-5 business days... Still not here. Going on 8 days now....

Like the stilt I need to be able to swap easily but in my case from am3/4 to tr4 ( also could do intel if needed ) so swiftech is my only option at present time.

Also...the block they sell impairs my ability to do this which is why i opted to roll with the apogee drive x2.

Oh also pre launch I was using a the apogee xl2 acrylic top block with custom mounts...was unable to aquire what i needed pre lauch from swiftech. Long story short....the heat cracked the outlet ( hot) side and developed a leak forcing me to swap the block with swiftech for the xl non acrylic block...

P.S. I have not opened the retail box yet but do you need the AIO mount from it Stilt? I have 0 plans on using or buying an asetek rebranded AIO for it.
    Last edited by chew*; 09-01-2017 at 11:01 PM.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me