Thread: [Resolved] Excel website data import

Hybrid View

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    wplachy - Thank you for your recommendation. However, upon applying your macro, the following resulted...

Since I copy and Pasted your macro, I know it's not a typo on my part.
    There is a space in the URL string for teamID= remove it and it works fine.

You have:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------V--------------------------------------------------
    Const coTSURL As String = "http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamMemberDetail.do?sort=points&teamId=TW5XW7P WT1&pageNum=1&numRecordsPerPage=100&xml=true"
    Remove the space between teamID=TW5Xw7P WT

It should read teamID=TW5XW7PWT1 (no space between P and W)

It looks like the forum software is inserting it. Just change it in the Const= string and try again.

Bill P

Quote Originally Posted by wplachy View Post
    There is a space in the URL string for teamID= remove it and it works fine. Bill P
    To begin with, thank you Bill for your support.
    I never was a good programmer. Engineering is much easier and wizardry just comes naturally to an engineer.

Rather than try to explain in words the results I saw, I think a picture of what I need will explain things far better.

How do we fix the macro to provide this result?

"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer" [Douglas Adams (11 March 1952 - 11 May 2001)]