Thread: Remove Silverstone AP181 speed switch?

Remove Silverstone AP181 speed switch?

Hello,

I am working on a mod / water ooling project of a Silverstone FT02. But I can not control the AP181 fans that came with the case, with my fan controller. When the switch is low/off, the fans is off, and when it is on high/on, the fans just runs and does not change the rpm, regardless of how many volts I give it with my fancontroller. So I wanted to know whether it is possible to solder the switch off so my fancontroller can control my fans.

But wires what do I need to solder? I have tried to remove the switch (the three wires to the right) and solder a bridge between the black and red wire where the switch was, but it did not work.

Are there any experts out there who can help?

-HrCookie

I've playing around with it and I have run out of ideas. When I shave soldered the switch off, and connected the two points that should stand for high speed, I get some random in between speed. Then when i do the same but connect the two points that should stand for low speed, i get the same random speed. When i the connects the two last points, the fan will not do anything at all.

Any ideas?

-HrCookie

Xtreme Addict
    I had that problem there is a looped wire that you remove or put on the fan so you can adjust speeds.

Its been so long since I put my 180s in. But I know the bridge or jumper or whatever it is comes into play

might need to buy a new case fan if you are missing that jumper
    i7 6700K @4.8 ghz
    XSPC RayStorm (very nice block)
    Z170 Sabertooh ,, 32GB- Gskill (15-15-15-36 @3600 mhz) 1:1
    XFX-7970 with Swiftech Komodo nickel block
    Water Cooling - MO-RA3 Pro with 4 Silverstone 180mm @ 700 rpm, Twin Vario mcp-655 pumps
    Samsung 850-1TB SSD,, OCZ ZX-1250W (powerfull and silent)
    Crossfire 30" decent monitor for IPS too bad SED tech died

Docsis2.0 Docsis3.0

-- People who reject the idea that "government has a responsibility to reduce income inequality" give an average of four times more than people who accept that proposition.