Thread: help with cooling.

Hybrid View

Xtreme 3D Team
    yeah thanks, but i still get the same issue as beepbeep2,at 4.6 the cpu gets to 75 - 80c.
    It's not really an issue, just the nature of the CPUs...you are very safe up to about 75c, IMHO however I wouldn't push 80c on an overclock I wanted to use.
    i have learned that a h100 does not really fair much better (not for the price anyways), so i have decided to just build a custom water solution.
    H100 is probably about 5c better overall...custom water is the way to go though.

40c at 4.8!
    Those people need to be checked if they are empty upstairs.
    Maybe 75c @ 4.8 or 40c at 2.4...

i also learned the the fluid inside water cooling systems evaporates over time, maybe the h70 has this same issue?.
    It doesn't evaporate over time...these are closed loops. There is nowhere for the water to escape...otherwise you would get leaks.

The RS360 kit is a bad kit to get...the pump is very weak and probably not very reliable...you will want to set aside at least $225 and 10 hours of work to get a good WC setup up and running.

Realistic gains:
    on H70 I can't hold my 4.6 GHz/2.5 GHz OC at 1.41v / 1.27v because peak temperature is 78c
    on custom water (see sig) I can do ~4.75/2.5 @ 1.46v / 1.27v and peak temperature is about 75c. At 4.6, temperature is about 68c load.

Cooling loop being twice the price...
    Last edited by BeepBeep2; 04-22-2012 at 11:13 AM.
    Smile