Thread: Open source DIY TEC and Fan controller

Hybrid View

Xtreme Enthusiast
    right so i got my Scope today and have found some very interesting things.
    With the T-balancer i was right you HAVE to remove the cap from the board so it out puts a PWM signal otherwise it's analogue. Also the frequency of it is MUCH lower than what the interface tells you it's about 320hz

As for my project the arduino does switch at 31.4khz. i might be able to get more but im now worried about increased heating that may happen at 64khz.

i also noticed that i may not actually need the resisters at all to get my Digital to anologe converter to work. also i have changed my Mosfet again to one that will allow more current to flow at the low 5v gate voltage.

I have also realized that even though my TEC's maybe drawing 10amps (SAY) that the mosfet will be passing more than that as it tries to charge the caps. This also means the draw on the Psu's will be greater so i'll probably put some of my caps on the PSU side to keep the input voltage to the mosfets up

Hey Ultrasonic2 just chiming in to say I've learned a ton from your posts and website. You may not realize how many lurkers take in your valuable info. The ones who comment a lot of times are either trolls, or too full of themselves to acknowledge your tested facts.