Thread: EK nickel flake? I've been out of the loop, no pun intended (for this forum anyway)

Threaded View

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Yeah, maybe there are some non EG corrosion blockers that work. I only know what I used personally and have used Hydrx without any major plugging or deposit problems where pretty much any dye or other more complex solution caused deposition. I'm a distilled water + PTnuke advocate myself. I just don't see plain distilled plus copper/nickel issues resolving themselves totally.

People like to blame the products and while I have some feeling that "water cooling products should work with water", I also have seen this same thing fill up forum after forum on a variety of products and don't think there is any sure thing with nickel plated copper. I'm convinced it's a risk we need to accept and either accept it and/or treat it knowing the potential remains.

There are many things in life that have risk. Driving down the highway....use of ethelene glycol...drinking too much eggnog..riding ATV's at high speeds...and running nickel plated copper in a closed water loop...

Anyhow, my opinion..but I would run it myself and either accept it'll continue, try to slow it via a corrosion blocker, or bead blast it back to bare copper.
    Last edited by Martinm210; 01-01-2012 at 01:42 PM.