Thread: TES V: Skyrim 20min E3 Demonstration

Xtreme Member

TES V: Skyrim 20min E3 Demonstration

Game Trailers part1 | part 2 | part 3

File Planet dl

for the fileplanet 3GB one, imo the graphics are too good to be the console version. i am guessing he was playing it on PC but with 360 controller? what do u guys think?
    Last edited by Philip_J_Fry; 09-12-2011 at 01:17 PM. Reason: woops its TES V :P
    "Thanks for the f-shack. Love, Dirty Mike & The Boys" - from Dirty Mike & The Boys

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip_J_Fry View Post
    Game Trailers part1 | part 2 | part 3

File Planet dl

for the fileplanet 3GB one, imo the graphics are too good to be the console version. i am guessing he was playing it on PC but with 360 controller? what do u guys think?
    this is the same demo they have been showing for quite some time, and i read (will have to find the article) that it was the console version of the game and no pc footage has been shown. this was shown in a smaller part on game trailers 1 month ago, and i can tell its the exact same footage, literally.
    also i may not need to look it up, cause the same demo was shown quite some time ago on game trailers and he was talking through it and the guy from game trailers asked if it was pc or console footage and he said XBOX360 footage, watch the older videos, its said in the beginning....so, its not PC footage, he also went to say the PC version would have higher res textures and of course look pretty good on PC. you can tell at certain parts of that demo there are quite some low res textures going on.

needless to say, about what i just said, this game is going to look amazing, and moddable is a massive plus.

finally, a single player RPG that lives up to my standards, variety of creatures, armor and locations, and dragons. with a big expansive lively in culture free roaming world, ill feel like im playing gothic 2 again with more diversity. im excited!

they learned from oblivion big time and im happy a game company is trying to to bigger and better. oblivion was ok, but lacked diversity, not enough choices and refreshes of the same creatures, something every RPG suffers from. another thing im glad to hear about is the way stats are changing, using the same way that fallout did them, finally someone doing something different with stats in an RPG.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...scrolls/714852 ---watch the footage, exact same footage, says at the very beginning its 360. looks a little less quality, but i think its the video compression and its a littler lower res.
    Last edited by Decami; 09-13-2011 at 11:08 AM.
    This post above was delayed 90 times by Nvidia. Cause that's their thing, thats what they do.
    This Announcement of the delayed post above has been brought to you by Nvidia Inc.

RIGGY
    case:Antec 1200
    MB: XFX Nforce 750I SLI 72D9
    CPU:E8400 (1651/4x9) 3712.48
    MEM:4gb Gskill DDR21000 (5-5-5-15)
    GPU: NVIDIA GTX260 EVGA SSC (X2 in SLI) both 652/1403
    PS:Corsair 650TX
    --Cooling--
    5x120mm 1x200mm
    Zalman 9700LED
    Displays: Samsung LN32B650/Samsung 2243BWX/samsung P2350

Xtreme Member
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/08/e3...our-lead-skew/
    yeah the lead producer said "consoles are our lead sku." i was kinda hoping that they would at least give a sh*t about the pc version.

i guess i will prolly pick it up after some good UI mod. like skyrim darnified UI
    "Thanks for the f-shack. Love, Dirty Mike & The Boys" - from Dirty Mike & The Boys

Xtreme Guru
    Yea it certainly has been around for a while but not with ingame sound/music! I love that music, creates the right kind of atmosphere, much better than Oblivion. Also the positional audio cues are excellent in the videos, at least on my headphones, I always value a realistic and clear positional sound very highly.

EDIT: Gametrailers quality isn't the best, I checked it on youtube instead where it's better (both audio and video)

Last edited by RPGWiZaRD; 09-14-2011 at 11:19 AM.
    Intel? Core i5-4670K @ 4.3 GHz | ASRock Extreme6 Z87 | G.Skill Sniper 2x8GB @ DDR4-1866 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 970 OC Windforce 3x | Super Flower Titanium 1000W | ViewSonic VX2268wm 120Hz LCD | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | Logitech MX-518 | Win 7 x64 Professional | Samsung 850 EVO & 840 Pro SSDs

If all people would share opinions in an objective manner, the world would be a friendlier place

Xtreme Member
    Worries me that no PC footage is being shown.

If it looks so amazing and isn't just another console port, why aren't they showing off the best looking platform? Don't want to anger the larger console crowd who will then be dissapointed?
    EVGA z68 FTW
    i7 2600k @ 4.8
    8gb DDR3 1600
    3x GTX 580 3gb HydroCopper2
    Silverstone Strider 1500W
    Areca 1880i w/ 6x intel x25m
    On water

Xtreme Member
    well the Fileplanet one is actual HD and 3GB, and they were posted on Sept. 12th. i thought there were new stuff in it.

well heres some good news: (i guess?)
    Skyrim PS3 graphics almost identical to PC, instant win for fans

and:
    Skyrim on a high-end PC will 'melt your face'

well that quote came from a PR guy tho
    Last edited by Philip_J_Fry; 09-15-2011 at 06:46 AM.

Administrator
    The graphics look very good but over all those videos show very clunky movement and combat. See that big troll or what ever get picked up by the dragon and then thrown in mid air how it falls. Mobs seem to run on rails and mob reactions are just horrible.

One scene the guy shoots an arrow and kills a mob, the mob standing right next to and looking at him does nothing while his friend drops dead to the floor.

Those videos show horrible AI
    Last edited by Buckeye; 09-15-2011 at 06:49 AM.

Xtreme Member
    GOTY= RAGE or Skyrim , take your pick.

(too early i know, but the excitement ...)
    Va fail, dh'oine.

"I am going to hunt down people who have strong opinions on subjects they dont understand " - Dogbert

Always rooting for the underdog ...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    The graphics look very good but over all those videos show very clunky movement and combat. See that big troll or what ever get picked up by the dragon and then thrown in mid air how it falls. Mobs seem to run on rails and mob reactions are just horrible.

One scene the guy shoots an arrow and kills a mob, the mob standing right next to and looking at him does nothing while his friend drops dead to the floor.

Those videos show horrible AI
    well im sure the demonstration is like an alpha demo, but even so, this game is fully moddable, so most will be adjusted in the community that are not adjusted already.
    This post above was delayed 90 times by Nvidia. Cause that's their thing, thats what they do.
    This Announcement of the delayed post above has been brought to you by Nvidia Inc.

RIGGY
    case:Antec 1200
    MB: XFX Nforce 750I SLI 72D9
    CPU:E8400 (1651/4x9) 3712.48
    MEM:4gb Gskill DDR21000 (5-5-5-15)
    GPU: NVIDIA GTX260 EVGA SSC (X2 in SLI) both 652/1403
    PS:Corsair 650TX
    --Cooling--
    5x120mm 1x200mm
    Zalman 9700LED
    Displays: Samsung LN32B650/Samsung 2243BWX/samsung P2350