Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ASUS Rampage III Black Edition: High-resolution HWBOX photos

Iron Within Iron Without
    Our friend ORB did a long fat review of the board today. It performs well althrough X58 Classified ate it in the max BCLK department.
    The VRM's are 8 * 2 digital, VERY solid and are considered one of the most advanced on the market , only the Gigabyte solution is more overkill than this.
    The heatsinks temps are little bit higher in a non ventilated enviroment.
    The Thunderbolt is a little bit useless for where this board wants to be but it performs well.

Thats the summary basically.
    Sony PS3 | Nintendo Wii + Nintendo Wii Fit

By Mercedes - Adventure Trips around Middle Europe in a Youngtimer | https://www.facebook.com/S.Mercedesem - Like Us, if you Like us that is

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    And what makes the Black Edition worth $200 more than the R3E? That is outrageous.
    the thunderbolt card (Killer NIC and Xonar essence on one board by the looks of it, they could sell it alone for 200$), 2 more USB3.0 ports (front); better PWM; wlan; intel gbe chip

but i don't see the point in the thunderbolt card; why put an X-Fi unlocked chip + more expensive Intel gigabit ethernet chips onboard and add in another card which is better than the onboard stuff? they could save 50$ by removing X-Fi support and the intel gigabit ethernet chip...
    Last edited by generics_user; 04-05-2011 at 11:49 PM.
    Core i7 2600k|HD 6950|8GB RipJawsX|2x 128gb Samsung SSD 830 Raid0|Asus Sabertooth P67
    Seasonic X-560|Corsair 650D|2x WD Red 3TB Raid1|WD Green 3TB|Asus Xonar Essence STX

Core i3 2100|HD 7770|8GB RipJawsX|128gb Samsung SSD 830|Asrock Z77 Pro4-M
    Bequiet! E9 400W|Fractal Design Arc Mini|3x Hitachi 7k1000.C|Asus Xonar DX

Dell Latitude E6410|Core i7 620m|8gb DDR3|WXGA+ Screen|Nvidia Quadro NVS3100
    256gb Samsung PB22-J|Intel Wireless 6300|Sierra Aircard MC8781|WD Scorpio Blue 1TB

Harman Kardon HK1200|Vienna Acoustics Brandnew|AKG K240 Monitor 600ohm|Sony CDP 228ESD

Xtremely Retired OC'er
    Still missing heat sinks on other chips. And you dont whant to know why... OK

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by PatRaceTin View Post
    8phase cpu pwm?
    tell me how many you see
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am Xtreme
    nice review here

http://lab501.ro/placi-de-baza/asus-...acelasi-pachet

question:

is the is the cpu vrm frequency adjustable in 1mhz steps like the new p67a series from asus?

Iron Within Iron Without
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    tell me how many you see

8 for CPU
    3 for QPI
    3 for NB
    3 for Memory

Did I won a cookie ?

By Mercedes - Adventure Trips around Middle Europe in a Youngtimer | https://www.facebook.com/S.Mercedesem - Like Us, if you Like us that is

HWGurus
    It would be great that you can buy it without thunderbolt card :/ but nice looking mbo

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by kondik View Post

the vrm's are 8 * 2 digital, very solid and are considered one of the most advanced on the market , the gigabyte solution is far behind this

thats the summary basically.
    fixed

Iron Within Iron Without
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex-Ro View Post
    fixed
    But that's bending the truth based on nothing.
    The Killer series from GB has even more Overkill VRM setup than this ASUS board.

Gigabyte solution is the most complex and most extreme , even more than this which is considered therefore the 2nd best on the market from a simplified point of view.
    Last edited by Kondik; 04-06-2011 at 12:57 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12