Thread: portable 3D gaming without glasses

Xtreme Enthusiast

portable 3D gaming without glasses

Toshiba shows off its prototype Qosmio with 3D tech. Says it could be released before the end of the year.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/03/t...ology-could-h/

the Qosmio laptop packs some pretty innovative 3D technologies -- not only does it have two parallax 3D LCD, but its webcam has a special eye-tracking feature that knows when you shift your position. The goal of that is to provide "dead-zone free stereoscopic 3D images" or better viewing angles, but we can't really say we experienced that -- while the 3D clips looked, well three-dee straight on, slightly tilting to the left or right threw off the effect and we were stuck watching some blurry content.
    Heatware, Ebay, Facebook
    Current Laptop:
    Cyber Power PC
    Xplorer X1M
    Intel Core i7 3610qm
    8GB DDR3 1333
    240GB OCZ Agility
    Nvidia Geforce GT650m 2GB GDDR5
    1TB Toshiba external portable drive

Backup Laptop:
    Asus G60JX
    Intel Core i7 720qm
    8GB DDR3 1333
    256GB ADATA
    Nvidia Geforce GTS 360m 1GB GDDR5
    640GB Western Digital external portable drive

Xtreme Member
    from what i have gathered in other places it will do 3d without glasses but the resolution will not be hd quality. anyone else hear that?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    In my eyes (literally) the larger the screen the better 3D works.
    3D on an HDTV is a waste of money
    3D on a computer monitor or laptop is a waste of time.
    3D on a 120" projector screen? Now we're getting there and it is less expensive than an HDTV.
    Glasses free 3D is something to look forward to but you can do light weight passive polarized now with projectors. Cue song " I wear my sunglasses at night"...

Xtreme Guru
    3d on a laptop, Who would buy that ?

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Addict
    Isnt this basically the same thing that is on that new Nintendo 3DS or whatever its called thats coming out that Nintendo recently issued health warnings for ?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny87au View Post
    3d on a laptop, Who would buy that ?
    lol exactly how about selling those 3d monitors seperately i bet there will be more buyers for that one
    Quote Originally Posted by LesGrossman View Post
    So for the last 3 months Nvidia talked about Uniengine and then Uniengine and more Uniengine and finally Uniengine. And then takes the best 5 seconds from all the benchmark run, makes a graph and then proudly shows it everywhere.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by eric66 View Post
    lol exactly how about selling those 3d monitors seperately i bet there will be more buyers for that one
    yeh totally, theres only like 3 3d movies out ><

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?