Thread: Andre Yang - Lifetime Ban

Hybrid View

I am Xtreme
    Vapor or co can post skinnee's result for sure... and he's still got the webbie doesn't he...
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeghoofd View Post
    Vapor or co can post skinnee's result for sure... and he's still got the webbie doesn't he...
    If the dudes are capable of lying and cheating for obserdly stupid reasons, whats to stop them from scewing a review in the direction of the most generous company?

I'm sorry but, detailed, decorated and well spoken are also the qualities of a damned good liar. With all the toolerant minds I've seen so far, its no wonder the wool gets pulled over the eyes so much these days.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    I'm not defending anyone as I dislike this as much as any of you do but there is no need for this "feeding frenzy" that I see taking place here.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Wow, lots of hatred and dirty laundry in this thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    I'm not defending anyone as I dislike this as much as any of you do but there is no need for this "feeding frenzy" that I see taking place here.
    +1

Imho banning is well-deserved for what they did, but why is everyone questioning skinnee's review capabilities now? As this is entirely non-related to this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You can never have enough D9's.

Aint No Real Gangster
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Dan View Post

+1

Imho banning is well-deserved for what they did, but why is everyone questioning skinnee's review capabilities now? As this is entirely non-related to this topic.
    Because it is a mark against his ethics.

He may be a great reviewer. But reviewers need to be trusted. Which he can not be now.
    Specs
    Asus 780i Striker II Formula
    Intel E8400 Wolfdale @ 4050Mhz
    2x2GB OCZ Platinum @ 1200Mhz 5-4-3-18
    MSI 5850 1000Mhz/5000Mhz
    Wester Digital Black 2TB
    Antec Quatro 850W

Cooling
    Swiftech Apogee
    Swiftech MCP-600
    HardwareLabes Black Ice Extreme 2

Audio Setup
    X-fi w/AD8066, Clock mod, & polymer caps > PPAV2 > Grado SR60 & Grado SR325i & Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro & Beyerdynamic DT990 & AKG K701 & Denon D2000

Xtreme Guru
    I've been watching this for a while and I think a lot of people's anger is well-placed. However, as the saying goes: "It's only wrong once you get caught". I personally have to wonder how much more of these shenanigans are going on behind the scenes at various levels without being picked up.

This has given a black eye to online overclocking competitions and professional overclocing in general IMO. As such, I think that HWBot and others (props to Charles for doing the right thing) should come down like a ton of bricks here in order to discourage further abuse. The only problem is that nothing really "governs" the online overclocking community per se.

I am not suggesting an outright banning of AY from HWBot....just a zeroing of his points to date. This isn't the type of thing which can be let slide or be handled with a simple slap on the wrist. Then again, he has contributed massively to the community as a whole so factoring in his past help and aid growing the OCing community is needed.

Skinnee's reviews shouldn't be held in contempt in any way, shape or form. I will agree with you on that one. What we have is a questioning of objectivity over something completely unrelated which shouldn't be done.

Love will tear us apart

IDK, I see where you and Dave are coming from but people have a right to vent their shock and anger at this outrage. And it's not as though there is a lot of personal attacks and name-calling going on. Though I agree it's probably only fair and prudent to separate this from skinnee's lc work.
    Dark Star IV
    i5 3570K | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 8GB Samsung 30nm | GTX 670 FTW 4GB + XSPC Razer 680 | 128GB Samsung 830
    Apogee HD White | 140MM UT60/120MM UT45/120MM ST30 | XSPC D5 V2

Xtreme Member
    WTF.

Andre banned? HIWA banned?

"We Overclock and Crunch you to the Ground" - DDTUNG

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
    Intel Core i7 3960X @ 4.0GHz HT 1.2V - On Water
    4x8GB ADATA XPG V2@ 2800 12-14-14-35 1T
    2x ADATA SSD XPG SX900 256GB RAID0
    2x Seagate 2TB
    SLI GTX 680 by ASUS
    Seasonic Extreme 1250 Watts
    Solid Tech-Station - Cosmos II
    Z5500 Sound Speakers

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyVillain View Post
    IDK, I see where you and Dave are coming from but people have a right to vent their shock and anger at this outrage. And it's not as though there is a lot of personal attacks and name-calling going on. Though I agree it's probably only fair and prudent to separate this from skinnee's lc work.
    Let me get this straight, don't think I'm posting this as a member of the Xtreme 3D Team, I'm only posting my own point of view. Having said that I was probably a LOT angrier than most of you guys because he was/is a member of my team. Risking his reputation with those actions was a very foolish thing to do. Do the crime, do the time.

All I'm calling for is some moderation, I see many guys demanding life-time ban on XS and hwbot. Let me remind you guys that there are a few guys posting at hwbot that have been accused of cheating in the past and yet they are back in business again.

Just my 2 c.

Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You can never have enough D9's.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal-EL View Post
    If the dudes are capable of lying and cheating for obserdly stupid reasons, whats to stop them from scewing a review in the direction of the most generous company?

I'm sorry but, detailed, decorated and well spoken are also the qualities of a damned good liar. With all the toolerant minds I've seen so far, its no wonder the wool gets pulled over the eyes so much these days.
    This.