Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nfs shift uses hardware acceleration !!!

Xtremely Kool
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell Hound View Post
    Did you see the first post buddy there's no denying what that chart says hardware DMA is being used and the ppu lights up.Stop talking a show real proof as I did.
    I think it maybe the case less lag in the physics calculations that could give a different feeling but not a change to the physics itself.

Xtreme Addict
    Quite possible.

I am Xtreme
    Did you see the first post buddy there's no denying what that chart says hardware DMA is being used and the ppu lights up.Stop talking a show real proof as I did.I will tell wizzard every step I took to enable it if he wants to try and debunk this,do you have access to a ageia ppu or a ati gpu + nvidia gpu,if not you cant contribute to this conversation,we need more testers not haters.
    It's obvious that you cannot confirm the information on the chart. Others have tested this theory some time ago and have determine that there is no in game effect of GPU physx. Since you are still asking for more testers you only contradict the very results you want me to deem creditable. If that could stand on it's own you wouldn't need further evaluation. And unfortunately, saying that the car corners different is way to subjective to be taken as concrete proof at this time.

Which for the most part is why I ask this is in the news section for? You, the OP are asking for testers in the New Section. This should be moved.
    Last edited by Eastcoasthandle; 05-21-2010 at 12:35 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    I believe test were not done in a configuration like this.So other users testing is needed to see what other types of setup can enable it,as well see if performance differences occur.Which has been shown to be true,other types of setups (hybrid setups) can enable hardware acceleration and a performance difference has been seen as well.The thread is about Hardware acceleration,which was/is thought to be Cpu accelerated only.Thats news.
    Last edited by Hell Hound; 05-21-2010 at 04:45 PM.

I am Xtreme
    I believe test were not done in a configuration like this.So other users testing is needed to see what other types of setup can enable it,as well see if performance differences occur.Which has been shown to be true,other types of setups (hybrid setups) can enable hardware acceleration and a performance difference has seen as well.The thread is about Hardware acceleration,which was/is thought to be Cpu accelerated only.Thats news.
    It is my understanding that hardware accelerated is GPU. While software accelerated is CPU.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    AGEIA ppu is what I'm using so that is why I wanted to know if people could use there gpu's for acceleration too.I found 2 user who have activated gpu acceleration.Remeber some physx titles are only accelerated with the ageia ppu.

Xtremely Kool
    AGEIA ppu is what I'm using so that is why I wanted to know if people could use there gpu's for acceleration too.I found 2 user who have activated gpu acceleration.Remeber some physx titles are only accelerated with the ageia ppu.
    You have to separate the distinction between the PPU & the GPU acceleration in your threads as option of use is vastly different.

If a game does not have menu option to turn on hardware physx then GPU physx can not be used.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote from Jonpo1 @ nogripracing.com

I decided to create a hybrid physX setup on my machine using my old 9800GT card as a PhysX hardware accelerator. Yes, I know that NFS Shift is reported as using the CPU for PhysX, but my testing results say otherwise, at least if you are running a Radeon card with an Nvidia card just for PhysX.

Anyway, after noticing a subjective improvement in the frame rate tanking whenever any of the visual physics effects came into play, I decided to check with FRAPS, just in case this was a placebo effect.

Well, according to FRAPS, it wasn't - the game was actually running better.

In a test I did at London, for example, I took the frame rate with vsync off when I was in the pit at the back of the grid awaiting the race start. All the game settings were at medium, except for textures which were high. Antialiasing and anisotropic filtering were both set to 8x (box mode for antialiasing). The race was setup with 5 opponents and I of course was at the back of the grid. I also measured the lowest frame rate during the one lap race.

So here are the results:

Radeon 5870 only:

FPS at back of grid awaiting start: 91
    Lowest FPS recorded: 28

Radeon 5870 plus 9800GT for PhysX processing:

FPS at back of grid awaiting start: 104
    Lowest FPS recorded: 38

I repeated these tests about 10 times and the results were consistent - the above are averages, though there was little variation between averages

Testing is the only way to see and testing is what we are doing not just talking about it,this is not aimed @ anyone.
    Gpu physx acceleration for you right here.

c[_]
    What if the PhysX processing is being done on the CPU? Did you monitor task manager?

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

PhysX runtimes come with demo installer.... So what this is? nVidia fooled again someones that NFS shift doenst use PhysX? Hahaha!!

Nice PhysX program... havent notice that is exist. Very nice. Im used long time Ageia PPU With my ATi´s (X3)

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    What if the PhysX processing is being done on the CPU? Did you monitor task manager?
    You mean simultaneously or do you want to know how much cpu is used in software mode.My understanding is when ppu is in use the program is being hardware accelerated only.

c[_]
    You mean simultaneously or do you want to know how much cpu is used in software mode.My understanding is when ppu is in use the program is being hardware accelerated only.
    Both.

Xtreme Addict
    Software

Hardware

Xτræmε ÇruñcheΓ
    i7 2700k 4.60ghz -- Z68XP-UD4 F6F -- Ripjaws 2x4gb 1600mhz -- 560 Ti 448 stock!? -- Liquid Cooling Apogee XT -- Claro+ ATH-M50s -- U2711 2560x1440
    Majestouch 87 Blue -- Choc Mini Brown -- Poker Red -- MX11900 -- G9

Xtreme Addict
    Here we go again.Get yourself a dedicated ppu and stop hating on the rest of us.
    Last edited by Hell Hound; 05-23-2010 at 06:57 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Why?

Why do you even try to talk to him?

If you read ANY of his threads you'll see how deluded he is. Read ANY of his comments, and you'll see how fanatically he defends the most absurd claims. If you read any reviews on the aforementioned products (Killer NIC 2100 and this PPU thing), you'll either get devoted fans with the same taste in 'performance products,' which really bring new features to this innovative and creative period of gaming, or, people saying the product is utter .

Don't talk to him. It furthers his delusion and angers others when they realize, but can't change, his views.

Xtreme Addict
    Why call people deluded as if your views are any better than the next person.And a claim is when you have no evidence,which is what most of you do claim this claim that.
    Last edited by Hell Hound; 05-23-2010 at 08:14 PM.

c[_]
    I dont see any task manager or cpu load monitoring progams happening.

Xtreme Addict
    Are you saying there's no software physics happening like whats point the load up the demo dude.It will ask you to install physx driver bla bla bla.I don't care about cpu physx only hardware that's what the thread is about.

c[_]
    No, that is not my statement at all.

My statement is there are no CPU load monitoring graphs and because of such we cannot be absolutely sure that the physics/physx code is not being run on the main system CPU. Its obvious some hardware access to the additional PPU (be that an ageia processor or an nV one) is happening, but that does not tell the full story.

By your replies you are either avoiding my statement or just dont have a grasp of how PhysX works.

Xtreme Addict
    Flying through Space, with armoire, Armoire of INVINCIBILATAAAAY!
    I don't know what Hell_Hound is talking about in any of his posts in this thread. I've seen euros at least 4 times as coherent as this.

I'm even beginning to suspect he doesn't know what he's talking about either. It's the only reasonable explanation.
    Sigs are obnoxious.

Xtreme Addict
    I think it's just that game is utilizing multicore CPU better and thus, getting better results. I don't know why would a game use hardware PhysX and not make a big deal out of it. It just doesn't make sense considering how they're always boasting about PhysX in every game they release.
    Intel Core i7 920 4 GHz | 18 GB DDR3 1600 MHz | ASUS Rampage II Gene | GIGABYTE HD7950 3GB WindForce 3X | WD Caviar Black 2TB | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Altec Lansing MX5021 | Corsair HX750 | Lian Li PC-V354
    Super silent cooling powered by (((Noiseblocker)))

Xtreme Addict
    Did you read that THE AGEIA PPU LIGHTS UP WHEN IN USE

This doesn't make any sense show me that it isn't which you cant,get you some hardware and prove me wrong.

Fact is my ppu is in use,you dont have one so stop complaining about it.

@ iddqd prove I don't know what I'm talking about.

This is not a TWIMTBP title nvidia can't tell them how to use the api it doesn't even say physx on the box,but it installs physx drivers.

No advertising physx from EA
    Last edited by Hell Hound; 05-23-2010 at 11:43 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Did you read that THE AGEIA PPU LIGHTS UP WHEN IN USE

This doesn't make any sense show me that it isn't which you cant,get you some hardware and prove me wrong.

Fact is my ppu is in use,you dont have one so stop complaining about it.

@ iddqd prove I don't know what I'm talking about.

This is not a TWIMTBP title nvidia can't tell them how to use the api it doesn't even say physx on the box,but it installs physx drivers.

No advertising physx from EA
    http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_tw...gameslist.html
    http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_shift_home.html

Looks like Shift IS a TWIMTBP title after all.

I'm not sure what you don't get. STEvil wants to know if the original CPU physics is offloaded to the PPU. By having a CPU utilization log with PPU vs without, that would show whether it's offloaded (ie lower CPU utilization with PPU would show hardware physics is used).

People are VERY skeptical about this since this is a TWIMTBP title, and if PPU does accelerate the game or "change' the driving physics, NV would be ALL over it, marketing the crap out of it boosting the usefulness of a PPU.

EDIT: Also, a simple test to see if a game uses CPU or GPU, you can go into NV control panel and in the 3D settings, you check the Show PhysX Visual Indicator. It'll show in-game whether it's using CPU or GPU.
    Last edited by thephenom; 05-23-2010 at 11:57 PM.
    A wiseman once said, "If Bible proves the existence of God, then comic books prove the existence of Superheros."

Xtreme Addict
    Its not on the box that's for sure,where on that page does it says physx support for this title nowhere.I showed software utilization and Hardware,and you still dont acknowledge that ppu only lights up in use do you.

edit:That's not the way I enabled it,there is quite a few steps it takes to use the newer driver with an ATI gpu.I mixed dll's from diff drivers for better performance also.
    Last edited by Hell Hound; 05-24-2010 at 12:11 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast