Thread: The Fermi Thread - Part 3

Hybrid View

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Exa.bit View Post
    One thing is certain, Fermi and Furmark dont get along. Over a 100c, scares me just looking at it but on the upside the overclock achived wasnt too bad. Im guessing no voltage tweaking on these.
    yes software volts is np
    i hope it does not take nv to get good drivers out ,it took ati 3 months for the flagship card
    Last edited by cowie; 03-26-2010 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cowie View Post
    yes software volts is np
    Well thats nice to know. If your on stock aircooling you better have an extinguisher near by.
    CPU: q9550 475x8
    Mobo: P5E deluxe flashed to rampage
    Mem: G.skill 4x2gb pc8500
    VGA: MSI 5770 hawk x2

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Exa.bit View Post
    Well thats nice to know. If your on stock aircooling you better have an extinguisher near by.
    oh yeah left over from when i ran furmark on my 5870 and 5970

Banned
    From these numbers it seems (the 480) to be anywhere from 0 to 40% faster,with somewhat 15-20 on average.Weird differences, no speedup in crysis, massive in hawx(no tessaltion there).
    There is one characteristic however that stays consistent with transistor increase over 5870 tho.Power consumption is solid 50% higher :P.
    Would like to view other reviews with more games however.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RaV[666] View Post
    From these numbers it seems (the 480) to be anywhere from 0 to 40% faster,with somewhat 15-20 on average.Weird differences, no speedup in crysis, massive in hawx(no tessaltion there).
    There is one characteristic however that stays consistent with transistor increase over 5870 tho.Power consumption is solid 50% higher :P.
    Would like to view other reviews with more games however.
    The other leaked site had some bizarre results too. The 5870 pulled ahead on stalker in dx11.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Motiv View Post
    The other leaked site had some bizarre results too. The 5870 pulled ahead on stalker in dx11.
    that would be fun if its true so in dx 11 games 5870 does better wow r600 is really very scalable i say
    Quote Originally Posted by LesGrossman View Post
    So for the last 3 months Nvidia talked about Uniengine and then Uniengine and more Uniengine and finally Uniengine. And then takes the best 5 seconds from all the benchmark run, makes a graph and then proudly shows it everywhere.