Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: PIE - Perfection In Execution

Xtreme Cruncher
    Yes ... 6:00 PM your time is UTC 0:00 (no idea of how i managed to get -4???) so if you did it just before 6:00 PM that would be great. Let me know if you want some help with that ... I am usually home from work by then but really, not a big deal either way ... I have seen in WCG (when they used to regularly post pie) they would post if it was "mid day pie" (meaning anything other than end of day, where people could post up if they made it but expected to be bumped out by the end of the day)) or "end of day" pie. Other pie terminology ... "humble pie" ... when someone posts multiple days of results all at once so they can get some pie :-)
    Thanks again for posting pie for all of us ... helps keep things interesting

Xtreme Cruncher

There it is guys! Only a little burnt today!

And SnowCrash, I've been trying to watch it today, and it appears to me that they only update twice a day. (12:00 and 0:00 UTC) So, correct me if I'm wrong, but as long as it's posted after 0:00 UTC, that should be the full day of pie right? So really as long as it's posted after 6, why would it matter? (Just curious here trying to think this through)

Now that I know this I'll be posting it earlier, but i don't think I'll be able to be nearly as reliable about posting around 6 my time as I can be posting around 11-12 my time... I know I can post earlier, and I will, but probably not consistently... Does that matter?

*and please do correct me, cuz that's just on my scattered observations.

Xtreme Cruncher
    So it's just like WCG then ... so sure ... any time after your 6:00 PM but before they next update. I did see it one time where it was the top ten alphabetically and everyone had 0 points for 10 percent of pie but that was likely an anomoly so I guess that was a waste of your time to read this last sentence :-)
    Your doing a great job and we all appreciate it ... just need to see some more scrapping and trash talk for the bottom of the pie !!!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow Crash View Post
    So it's just like WCG then ... so sure ... any time after your 6:00 PM but before they next update. I did see it one time where it was the top ten alphabetically and everyone had 0 points for 10 percent of pie but that was likely an anomoly so I guess that was a waste of your time to read this last sentence :-)
    Your doing a great job and we all appreciate it ... just need to see some more scrapping and trash talk for the bottom of the pie !!!
    Agreed! Need some competition!

Looks like Shadow bumped ya off SnowCrash...
    Last edited by Otis11; 11-03-2009 at 07:59 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I should be back tomorrow Still trying to dial in the best config without buying a new PSU :-)

Xtreme Cruncher
    Whoa dang... Just checked back on the pie... And I was wrong.

My mistake, but apparently hey do update it more than twice a day... So does anyone know exactly what time end of day pie would be? Was it around 6 (0:00 UTC)?

Edit: apparently they use GMT...?

Xtreme Cruncher
    I was just reading up on Free-DC and apparently they are continuously polling projects sites for their stats data (they rest for 15 minutes between runs) so the actual numbers are more a function of how often GPUGrid exports their stats data (no I have not looked that up yet). I would think that just prior to 6:00 PM would be a safe bet on "end of day" because, as you posted, it looks like Free-DC switches between "Today" and "Yesterday" with GMT (I called it UTC in my post but it's the same thing).

<edit>
    I think I figured out how we can figure this out ... at the top left on DC-Stats they have

GPUGrid - Project Overview
    Last Checked : Wed Nov 04, 23:28:38 2009 GMT
    Data Updated : Wed Nov 04, 19:09:17 2009 GMT
    Current Time : Thu Nov 05, 00:07:15 2009 GMT

So if we keep track of the Data Updated I bet that tells us how often/ when GPUGrid makes their stats available.
    Based on the Data Updated I just pasted in above, I bet that the next time it Updates from GPUGrid it will be tomorrow and the team stats for the "Today's Breakdown" pie will get reset.
    </edit>
    Last edited by Snow Crash; 11-04-2009 at 04:12 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    So this is the most up to date pie we get today?

(I have it saved in case it is, but i'll wait till later to update and see if it get's any newer.)

Xtreme Cruncher
    I think so because the Last Update from GPUGrid was at 19:09 11/4 even though it last tried at 1:54 11/5 so everyone has moved on except the GPUGrid stats ... I can't see how it could post anything more for 11/4.

I also think it is right because I GOT ME A SLICE !!!

I get up at 4:30 AM EST so am going to bed now ... if you see the Data Updated change please post it, otherwise I will start my watch first thing in the AM

Xtreme Cruncher

I like that justification - "I got pie, it must be the right one"

And yeah, I'm pretty sure that's it... but if it's not regular, looks like we're just going to have to keep an eye on it and post when we figure that's it for the day?

Xtreme Cruncher
    update has switched over to 11/5 ... interesting that the first update of each day is being posted with everyone having 0 pts for the day ... and I have no idea of what GPUGrid's schedule is ... they can't be using any kind of midnight because I think that would mean they are using a local time zone (GMT + 3) which would end up somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean ... hey ... screw that molecular stuff ... GPUGrid found Atlantis :-)

maybe post the times along with the pie?
    Last Checked : Thu Nov 05, 10:58:09 2009 GMT
    Data Updated : Thu Nov 05, 03:20:06 2009 GMT
    Current Time : Thu Nov 05, 11:27:42 2009 GMT

another update has occured ...
    GPUGrid - XtremeSystems Overview
    Last Checked : Thu Nov 05, 12:33:55 2009 GMT
    Data Updated : Thu Nov 05, 11:20:48 2009 GMT
    Current Time : Thu Nov 05, 13:40:40 2009 GMT

so new data was available and pulled sometime between 10:58 and 11:20.

hmmm ... Spain is GMT + 1 so it looks like at least for the mid day stats they are using their local time mid day.
    Last edited by Snow Crash; 11-05-2009 at 05:51 AM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    [QUOTE=Snow Crash;4096189]screw that molecular stuff ... GPUGrid found Atlantis :-)
    QUOTE]

And postin the pie with the time will work.

Edit: and you said I was a younge whippersnapper for being up at midnight... you're up till 3 your time (?) and then wake up in time to catch the morning update?

Xtreme Cruncher
    I think you may have your time Eastern, Central, Spanis, GMT, and XS forum time zones mixed up :-)
    "Early to bed, early to rise" ... that's me zzzzzz ~9:30- to ~4:30 EST

Xtreme Cruncher
    Haha, ok... I just did my math to fast... To much time zone talk.

Xtreme Cruncher
    hmmm ... I gonna watch my numbers a little closer because I don't think points for WUs that get returned after 19:00 but before 24:00 ever appear on pie? How sad. I guess you could micromanage when the WUs get uploaded but that would be a royal pita and just kinda sux. Think I made pie again tonight I am slowly trying to work my way back up to sub 8 hour runtimes so I can get 6 WUs completed per day. It might take a while as I have been working with 938 mV lately and just did a minor shader bump tonight.

Xtreme Cruncher

Pie!

So who's slacking?!?

And I'd agree with ya SnowCrash... the simplest thing to do if it matters to you is to set it to only upload between 12:01 and 19:00... just calculate what that is for your area.

Xtreme Cruncher

Dang, 32k just to get some ass...

Xtreme Cruncher

Lookin good!

Xtreme Cruncher

Welcome back justageek! Nice showing on your first day back!

Looks like there's a challenge for the bottom of the pie!
    Snowcrash and Mik6per were within 1k!

Who's going to step it up?!?!

Oh, and congrats on the pass Mik6per! Blew by me today - Keep goin!

I am Addicted!
    I wanna step it up, but it will still only give me Lemon pie

Looks like the top 5 for the moment will enjoy their current flavors for some time...have I mentioned that Lemon is my least favorite I will take what the big pie gives though. I am not complaining or whining too much

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by INFRNL View Post
    I wanna step it up, but it will still only give me Lemon pie
    If you're not going to overtake dak it's not really stepping it up... That's not even double you're farm.

And I thought we were xtreme...

Quote Originally Posted by Otis11 View Post

Welcome back justageek! Nice showing on your first day back!

Looks like there's a challenge for the bottom of the pie!
    Snowcrash and Mik6per were within 1k!

Who's going to step it up?!?!

Oh, and congrats on the pass Mik6per! Blew by me today - Keep goin!
    woo hoo finally back up there, if I could only get my gtx295 to crunch with any kind of consistency...
    Server: Core I3 530 , 4GB of dd3 1066, GIGABYTE H55M-UD2H, Highpoint Rocketraid 3510 and Areca ARC-1220 with a few arrays totaling 11TB of storage
    Wifes: Phenom 2 940, 4gb of ddr2 1066, 785g mb, PNY 8800 gt, Hitachi 2tb, Coolermaster Cosmos, 2x 22" monitors Windows 7 Pro 64
    HTPC/Gamer: Core I-7 920 @ 3.8, 6gb of ddr3 1600, Gigabyte X58-UD5, MSI GTX 480, Intel 80 GB SSD, SuperTalent 120 GB SSD, Thermaltake DH-103, Windows 7 64 bit 52" JVC(Supporting cast of Jamo speakers and Cambridge Audio Azur 640r receiver)
    Mine: 4x AMD 8356, 16 GB of ddr2 533 ecc, Tyan Thunder S4985G3NR, EVGA GTX 275 FTW, Intel 40 gb SSD, Ubuntu 10.04, Klipsch Promedia 2.1, 27" LG monitor

Da Goose
    Shhhhsh...Was beginning to think this was the Otis11 / Snow Crash thread...

i7-860 Farm with nVidia GPU's

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by DAK1640 View Post
    Shhhhsh...Was beginning to think this was the Otis11 / Snow Crash thread...
    well there's no "too quiet penalty" thread here so someone(s) have to keep it busy

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow Crash View Post
    well there's no "too quiet penalty" thread here so someone(s) have to keep it busy
    Sounds like a real crisis...

Now how would we go about fixing that?

Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast