Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jergus Extreme CPU pot

Hybrid View

Champion

Jergus Extreme CPU pot

Hi boys, i finaly have my new CPU pot from Jergus (somebody can see him on MSI Overclocking Challenge 2008 in Czech team)

This pot has unique botom construction, reduces a amount of LN2 what you need use, i try this and for my long 5 hours bench i use only 5 liters of LN2! temeperature was been on -100°C always.
    Here i take some pictures, sorry some of them i create whith my E51 because my camera has my sister on Mallorca.

The secret was there

compare

Fully loaded

Sorry for the dirt on the photograph is not only a UFO that is my belly
    Think different! < Be different!

Crunch-Fu Adept
    Sometimes a good slap in the face is all you need

Bios my arss.....
    I can fix this problem with a hardware mod....
    Hipro5

"Overclock till death. Overclocking is life." Hipro5

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by A2C View Post
    Sorry for the dirt on the photograph is not only a UFO that is my belly
    Unique bottom on that pot....looking forward to some results!! oh yah, to quote Jim Morrison (I think)...."there is nothing wrong with being a large mammal!!"

More & more very expensive, quickly obsolete parts!!

Crunch-Fu Adept
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat GriZ View Post
    Unique bottom on that pot

PS: I apologize, as for some it may appear as spamming or sth, I am just giving A2C a hint & room not to make me angry
    Last edited by Aerou; 06-15-2009 at 05:33 PM.

Bios my arss.....
    Hipro5

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat GriZ View Post
    Unique bottom on that pot....looking forward to some results!! oh yah, to quote Jim Morrison (I think)...."there is nothing wrong with being a large mammal!!"
    Thank you , but sometimes i will like bee a small mammal

Quote Originally Posted by TiTON View Post
    wow.. 5 hours.. 5 liters? I wish I could do that on a Phenom II :P

What type of benching were you doing to only eat up that much LN2? was that just doing CPUz suicide runs or Quad Core benching?

- Ton
    I bench 3Dmark01 and Super Pi 16M, 1M.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkkahy View Post
    It somehow changes the boiling energy of nitrogen eh?

Nice container though.
    Yes it creating bubbles across the surface and mix by volume of nitrogen.

Champion
    wow.. 5 hours.. 5 liters? I wish I could do that on a Phenom II :P

What type of benching were you doing to only eat up that much LN2? was that just doing CPUz suicide runs or Quad Core benching?

- Ton

Xtreme Member
    This pot has unique botom construction, reduces a amount of LN2 what you need use, i try this and for my long 5 hours bench i use only 5 liters of LN2! temeperature was been on -100°C always.
    It somehow changes the boiling energy of nitrogen eh?

Nice container though.

Xtreme Member
    Im quite certain it doesnt change the heat of vaporization of nitrogen (which is 200kJ/kg). I want to hear the theory on molecular level (supported with calculations) when someone claims that his container uses less liquid nitrogen than others

edit: If you had made container that lowers heat of vaporization of nitrogen in atmospheric pressure from 200kj/kg to below it, it basically would mean that you had invented perpetual motion device.
    Last edited by ilkkahy; 06-16-2009 at 06:25 AM.

Xtreme Member
    -100C means that you mixed ln2 with acetone?

http://www.bartxstore.com/- Standard and Extreme Cooling Components

Champion
    Im quite certain it doesnt change the heat of vaporization of nitrogen (which is 200kJ/kg). I want to hear the theory on molecular level (supported with calculations) when someone claims that his container uses less liquid nitrogen than others

edit: If you had made container that lowers heat of vaporization of nitrogen in atmospheric pressure from 200kj/kg to below it, it basically would mean that you had invented perpetual motion device.
    No this i don´t like say, just i would like say it have more performance if they try cool and the time when you try cool just a pot was very short and on -100°C it´s very stabble - holding a temps

Quote Originally Posted by bartx View Post
    -100C means that you mixed ln2 with acetone?
    good joke

True is, when i warming up it whith hair dryer it hold a few minutes aprox 15minutes to +7°C from -100°C

Quote Originally Posted by Aerou View Post
    ...I bet A2C tested it on a E8500 without giving it much stress, so you can't compare it with PII or i7. Or if its 5L or 5kg, because LN2 is a lot lighter than water.
    What I wanted, instead of fancy pics, that Jerguš is given some proper credit, 4COL!
    This is true pot is only experimental and first funkcion model from paper models, what creates Jergus whith Aerosupra´s Father on MSI Overclocking Challenge 2008 in Amsterdam.
    Yes i try it only whith E8500 fully loaded and whith E8600 what was been crapt here i can take on E8600 - 180°C,

My i7 was been only i7 920 what i can cool whith air on BCKL wall of board

Phenom II i still haven´t, sorry from this results i haven´t

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post

It's very nice to see some different thoughts and designs on LN2 containers instead of the same o'l stuff..., ...Great job on that pot !!!
    Thank you i will link to creator

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    It should perform very well on AMD chips as the pot is very tall and can handle a large pouring of LN2 at one time to drop temps fast and hold the the max possible for the longest time on no CB chips.
    If i will have Phenom II i will posted here results

The course of cooling I could describe at least the words

In the start POT have +23°C
    1. if i shower to pot 0,5l of LN in 10s it have -35°C
    2. After this was pot very slowly goes to -90°C aprox. minute
    3. from -90°C to -130°C it goes aprox. 30s
    4. and from -130°C to -190°C it have in 15s

in 1st and 4nd step was the nitrogen jet from the pot and create little acoustic bangs. i was fear in some moments
    Last edited by A2C; 06-16-2009 at 09:08 AM.

Xtreme Member
    really nice pot bro...I hope to see on our common meeting

4ALL:You will be able to see this pot in the European final of MOA in Germany, because A2C and dvsk wons the Czech/Slovak qualification
    Last edited by Blue Storm; 06-17-2009 at 08:30 AM.

Administrator
    The course of cooling I could describe at least the words

In the start POT have +23°C
    1. if i shower to pot 0,5l of LN in 10s it have -35°C
    2. After this was pot very slowly goes to -90°C aprox. minute
    3. from -90°C to -130°C it goes aprox. 30s
    4. and from -130°C to -190°C it have in 15s

in 1st and 4nd step was the nitrogen jet from the pot and create little acoustic bangs. i was fear in some moments
    Ok that sounds just to cool HAHA

Realy nice POT Jergus A2C, If you poured in 5l during 5 hours, it is absolutly amazing!!! I Think, you can save a lot of LN with use this POT.. good work!

Xtreme Legend
    5L for 5hours is a bit stretched

i tested many pots and there is definitely difference between them
    F1EE holds load/temp a hell of a lot better/longer than any other pot i tried but it has a lot of mass in the right places....

i cant pull off 5L for 5 hours with F1EE and there is no chance that pot would be able to outpeform an F1EE.......it makes no sense

ROFL
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Champion
    that do not have to be exactly 5L but I had bought 20 liters of nitrogen and left after qualify i have many many nitrogen

hi, here i am, finally

the heat of vaporization of nitrogen couldnt be changed. but this pot do another thing. if you can see, on the outer side of copper core, the are some steps with sharp edges. they are responsible for using less nitrogen and also for very short cooling down time. you already hear about "secret boilng". if you try to boil a water in a round glass flask, it wont. you can heat it over 150 degrees and it doesnt boil, but after you put there something with edges, for example spoon, it gets boiling. so where are edges, is boilnig. no edges no boilning. when liquid nitrogen boils, it cools down, cause it go from liquid state do gas state. so all you need in pot, is nice mass of copper over cpu - in the middle with perfect surface and edges in outer part. simple
    this pot was the first one of that design, right now i dont have much time but i want to make more pots with different desing and compare it.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jergus View Post
    hi, here i am, finally
    Welcome to XS & your theory does sound plausible. Looking forward to your revisions & results on this design. As others have mentioned, I would be interested in trying these pots if they are ever available for sale. Keep up the interesting work!!
    Last edited by Expat GriZ; 08-07-2009 at 11:52 AM. Reason: fix quote

Crunch-Fu Adept
    This pot still needs a lot of tweaking. A lot of research and development still needs to be made and there is a need of expensive equipment and measuring to truly create something, that my father, Jergus and me have dreamed of, but thanks to Jerguš, it is far beyond the idea, that was born in late summer 08. Basicaly, make a good heat absorbing core and then fast "channels" of nitrogen taking that heat away. You ca't simply say "it uses less LN2", but it should tak away the heat quite "quickly".

I bet A2C tested it on a E8500 without giving it much stress, so you can't compare it with PII or i7. Or if its 5L or 5kg, because LN2 is a lot lighter than water.
    What I wanted, instead of fancy pics, that Jerguš is given some proper credit, 4COL!
    Last edited by Aerou; 06-16-2009 at 06:52 AM.

Bios my arss.....
    Hipro5

Administrator
    All things said, that is a very interesting design on the inside on that pot. It looks like it will perform very well.

It's very nice to see some different thoughts and designs on LN2 containers instead of the same o'l stuff.

It should perform very well on AMD chips as the pot is very tall and can handle a large pouring of LN2 at one time to drop temps fast and hold the the max possible for the longest time on no CB chips.

Without seeing what the Mass is on the bottom I would think the swing would be very managable. Recovering from a cold bug might be a small problem tho, but that stuff never really bothered me all that much.

Well now that I take another look, the bottom is copper and alum tube. If you could make that tube copper, or at least half of it, something like that, I would think you would have a real winner there !

Great job on that pot !!!
    Last edited by Buckeye; 06-16-2009 at 08:15 AM.

World Champion - IRONMODS
    Interesting...can you send me one to test
    Quote Originally Posted by Massman
    My definition of 'efficient' is 'it does not suck monkeyballs'. Yes, I set bars low.
    [CENTER]The post counter is not an intelligence meter!

MAX11L - "It's like a console...with the suck turned down and the awesome turned up" -tet5uo
    Heat Team IRONMODS

Right now i dont have time, i am working as cnc programer and also on evolution of forging tools in our company. But friend of mine got online shop, so pots should be soon for sale through him. It shoul by also available with nickeled, silvered or gold plated coper parts and anodized aluminium parts.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Right now i dont have time, i am working as cnc programer and also on evolution of forging tools in our company. But friend of mine got online shop, so pots should be soon for sale through him. It shoul by also available with nickeled, silvered or gold plated coper parts and anodized aluminium parts.
    Link to said "online shop"????

World Champion - IRONMODS
    Any updates Jergus?
    Quote Originally Posted by Massman
    My definition of 'efficient' is 'it does not suck monkeyballs'. Yes, I set bars low.
    [CENTER]The post counter is not an intelligence meter!

MAX11L - "It's like a console...with the suck turned down and the awesome turned up" -tet5uo
    Heat Team IRONMODS

Xtreme Member
    the sharp edges remind me somewhat of what was done with the phantom pot, though your design is different. The sharp edges in the phantom make for one killer pot (or so bill tells me ). I think this is probably the most innovative design i've seen since otternase's with the ribs and wall channels, like the one in my sig that i own (saw the Phantom before the Extreme Editions). I say this pot you have made will kick butt, and it seems to be doing so. That's some killer machining

Xtreme Member
    all i can say is thats a big pot

looks good tho

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast