Thread: Joining World Community Grid the easy way

Hybrid View

Never go full retard
    @hotwax -

@Bob - The Protected Application Execution allows the BOINC tasks to run under a service account, so you do not need to be logged in for WU's to crunch. I'm not sure about the folding and crunching combination...I haven't tried it.

XS WCG Hamster Herder
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnee View Post
    @hotwax -

@Bob - The Protected Application Execution allows the BOINC tasks to run under a service account, so you do not need to be logged in for WU's to crunch. I'm not sure about the folding and crunching combination...I haven't tried it.
    Thx for the tip Skinnee. I have to go through my whole farm and upgrade to 6.6.28. While I'm at it, I'll check the protected app box on all of them.

I did some follow on testing on one machine. I fold and crunch on that machine. I installed 6.6.28 on the machine with the box checked. Now the rig shows up and runs on my other boincview machine monitoring the farm, without being logged on. Yippee!! Now if the machines reset, they will at least crunch when they come up to the log-on screen. They won't fold, since that requires the log-on, but at least they will crunch.

As to the question of having this box checked while folding, I found that everything still works fine. F@H runs as well as BOINC. So I'm good to check the box all over the place.

Thx Skinnee,
    Bob
    If You ain't Crunching, you ain't Xtreme enough. Go Here
    Help cure CANCER, MS, AIDS, and other diseases.
    ....and don't let your GPU sit there bored...Crunch or Fold on it!!
    Go Here, Or Here