Thread: Swiftech MCW7000-T for Corei7 announced

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrasonic2 View Post
    You need something like this .. This is what i used to put a 62mm TEC under a standard water block

This is exactly what i'm gonna do, but the hot plate's measure must be 11cm x 6cm, to have enough room for 2x OCZ blocks. Can you give me the depth of your cold plate?

@Chruschef: Of course i lap these block until they're flat.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by yup View Post
    This is exactly what i'm gonna do, but the hot plate's measure must be 11cm x 6cm, to have enough room for 2x OCZ blocks. Can you give me the depth of your cold plate?

11 cm ? 6cm ?

Each block is just over 11mm thick ... and the step is 5mm .. so total hight above components when measured from the motherborad* is 13mm

* assuming the top of the CPU is 8mm from the motherboard

im making a better block than what's pictured right this second if you'd like one

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrasonic2 View Post
    11 cm ? 6cm ?

Each block is just over 11mm thick ... and the step is 5mm .. so total hight above components when measured from the motherborad* is 13mm

* assuming the top of the CPU is 8mm from the motherboard

im making a better block than what's pictured right this second if you'd like one
    Each OCZ block measures 5.5cm, so the hot plate's lenght is about 12 cm, width is ~6 cm. Thanks for your pictures

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Each OCZ block measures 5.5cm, so the hot plate's lenght is about 12 cm, width is ~6 cm. Thanks for your pictures
    What are you trying to cool ?

cos 6cm is to small to fit a 62mm TEC and 12cm is very long for one TEC but far to small for 2 TEC's?

Xtreme Enthusiast

here's some measurements of my new blocks

Hot side
    Last edited by Ultrasonic2; 06-28-2009 at 12:50 AM.

Mr Swiftech

A quick update

As you can tell, we have run into a snag with our TEC vendor. The initial TEC I chose wasn't giving me satisfaction, so I spec'd another unit that can run at close to max efficiency on a 12v PSU. Problem is I am still waiting for the sample module...don't laugh! since this isn't a top priority, I haven't bugged my vendor on a daily basis as I usually do, and he slacked off. I'm back on it now, and hopefully should get the module soon so I can resume testing.

Sorry for the delay, and not posting updates. It's been quite busy around here lately!
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    The initial TEC I chose wasn't giving me satisfaction, so I spec'd another unit that can run at close to max efficiency on a 12v PSU.
    Oh right....so anything over 250w is pie in the sky, judging from this thread there is going to be some disappointed peps !!!!