Thread: Taiwan accounts for more than 25% of Intel revenues in 2008

Xtreme Mentor

Taiwan accounts for more than 25% of Intel revenues in 2008

While Intel's sales were flat in 2008, Taiwan was one of the few geographic regions where sales increased. According to the chipmaker's recently released annual report, revenues from Taiwan increased about 15% in 2008 to US$9.9 billion, while the company's overall sales of US$37.6 billion were down a slight 2%. Leading the way in terms of sales growth in 2008 for all geographic regions was the Americas (outside of the US), where sales were up 16.5%. Japan was the only other sales region that saw growth in 2008, at a slight 1.5%.

Taiwan accounted for more than 26% of Intel's sales in 2008, up from 22% in 2007.........
    http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20090224VL200.html

Xtreme Addict
    A quarter of sales to Taiwan????? How many computers to ppl there have!
    P5E64_Evo/QX9650, 4x X25-E SSD - gimme speed..
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_SmartAss View Post
    Lately there has been a lot of BS(Dave_Graham where are you?)

think of all of the new business going up there all of those sky scrapes ext, they need to be staffed and most people need computers for office jobs
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Member
    After living in Taiwan for a while, I can understand that statement. Computers are treated... a little differently here. Also might have something to do with Asus, Acer, all the OEMs, etc.

I hope to see everyone at Computex 2009 this year!
    Has a very small epeen.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Its due to manufactoring/assembly done in Taiwan. Also alot is bought in Taiwan but later moved to China etc.
    Crunching for Comrades and the Common good of the People.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Terru View Post
    After living in Taiwan for a while, I can understand that statement. Computers are treated... a little differently here. Also might have something to do with Asus, Acer, all the OEMs, etc.

I hope to see everyone at Computex 2009 this year!
    Living in China for the moment (Beijing, Shanghai) i can backup that statement. Computers are treated a little bit different then in Europe

Another contrast with the "western" world, is that they don't have lot of powerfull computers. E2180 is already a very powerfull machine here. Within a few years i think China will also be be accounted for a large portion of the semiconductors industry's revenue

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shintai View Post
    Its due to manufactoring/assembly done in Taiwan. Also alot is bought in Taiwan but later moved to China etc.
    Precisely. This should not be surprising.