Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tec cooled loop?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon th MG Pony View Post
    that or open it up and solder on some 0/2 guage wire, rated for over 200Amps
    Not safe.

The line capacitors in the PSU can hold their charge for days. 99.999% of the time, a jolt from that won't kill you, but you don't want to be that 0.001%

cutting the wires from the outside ensures absolute safety.

Anybody that needs to ask how to mod a PSU doesn't have enough experience to do it from the inside safely.

Go from the outside. absolutely safe.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Glyph View Post
    An important note is that each wire used must be "rooted" directly into the PSU. You can't use wires that are rooted from other connectors.
    Quote Originally Posted by agentx1 View Post
    so any four yellow and any four black right it doesnt matter if there going to sata or molex 8 pin mobo etc.
    yeah it doesn't matter what they have on one end so long as the other is routed directly back into the PSU.

good i was worried i wouldn't have enough yellow wires lol. so now im just waiting for the cooler and my new psu then i can start on this. thnx for all the help, without you guys this would still be just a dream.

Xtreme Member

Pelts in general

Are you still planning on using only one Pelt? I spent many months experimenting with Pelts, finally got a Prometia (still sits in office, now retired and collecting dust).....

If you expect to get good results with only 1 high powered 200 watt Pelt, be prepared to wear ear plugs, the volume of air needed to dissapate the heat is tremendous......the exhausted heat will quickly warm up a cold room in the dead of winter....

Back when I was 'combining' PS's (pretty simple to do) and using one for the Pelt, I had PS failure sooner or later on the one powering the pelt, best to get a Meanwell as mentioned......even after getting a reliable PS, I fought with heat and noise constantly......

Several pelts with a combined 200w total running at lower volts is the answer, much easier to get rid of the heat, much, much easier....Pelts kinda have a point of diminishing returns, trust me when I say they work a lot more efficiently at lower V's......

Give it a whirl, the only way to verify what I said is to run with the one Pelt and report back....

Good Luck....

Laterzzzzz...............
    Asrock 970 Extreme4, Vishera 8320 @4.6Ghz, 1.39v, 16 gig Gskill RipJaws X DDR3 2133 @2284, OCZ 700w, OCZ Vetex 4 256gb boot, ATI 6850, all on big air..

smoke and mirrors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12