Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: ACARD RAM Disk 9010 series

Firmware 1.09...

Just burnt the new firmware... seems to have eliminated my problem with the ECC function causing corruption with my ICH9R, although, I also recently updated the BIOS on my Supermicro C2SBX. Anyway, no real performance gain or loss. CF backup still AWOL (grrrr...). I don't htink I will ever figure out why it just stopped working.

Wade

Firmware 1.09...

Well, I still can not run the ans-9010 for any length of time with the ACARD "homemade" ECC function enabled. I always get aan impending drive failure warning after a few startups and shutdowns, and the BIOS shows one of the drives with an error at boottime. All of this goes away if I disable the ECC functionality. And.... I seem to have no CF backup ability whatsoever still. Oh well, It's fast?

Wade

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by wmaciv View Post
    Well, I still can not run the ans-9010 for any length of time with the ACARD "homemade" ECC function enabled. I always get aan impending drive failure warning after a few startups and shutdowns, and the BIOS shows one of the drives with an error at boottime. All of this goes away if I disable the ECC functionality. And.... I seem to have no CF backup ability whatsoever still. Oh well, It's fast?

Wade
    RMA the drive. You don't want a drive in that condition for the long haul, do you?

I hope to get my 2x Acard 9010 soon.

Hm... The Xtreme-Server loose my posts

My first benches with my new 2x Acard 9010 (Hyperdrive 5) @ ARC-1261D-ML (2GB ECC-Ram)... :p

I think, this is my maximum...

Left with 128k Stripesize - right mit 4k Stripesize...

Both with 128k Stripes...

With 4k Stripes and Workstation-Pattern...

All benches with ASUS Striker II Extreme 790i (Stripesize 128k)

Left 1x HD5 @ Raid 0 - right 2x HD5 @ Raid 0

All benches with 2x HD5 @ raid 0

Old (2x Hama/Mobi 3000 + ARC-1210)

New (2x Acard 9010/HD5 + ARC-1261D-ML)

I am Xtreme
    those are pretty insane.

Xtreme Guru
    new better/improved controller based ram disk from acard any time soon ?
    Last edited by NapalmV5; 05-18-2009 at 11:03 AM.

Hm? No the same components. I post the results again (because the xtreme-server loose my data)

Maybe i try to run 2 Arecaīs @ Raid 0 under windows (like LVM2 with Linux). http://jdevelopment.nl/hardware/one-dvd-per-second/
    But i donīt know what is to do.
    Last edited by F.E.A.R.; 05-18-2009 at 01:18 PM.

Latest firmware...

Thread has slowed a bit I see.... Still love my 9010... want more speed...

Just installed the 2.00 firmware... waht a pain to drop to "sata ide mode" just to upgrade the firmware. No noticeable differences in performance. Release notes claim an decrease in CF card backup times... not running CF card backup currently to confirm...

Wade

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmaciv View Post
    Just installed the 2.00 firmware... waht a pain to drop to "sata ide mode" just to upgrade the firmware.
    Wade
    It shouldn't be that much of a pain, just a simple BIOS setting. You might know this, but you have to run most SSD in plain ole' IDE Compatible mode for firmware updates.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff805 View Post
    It shouldn't be that much of a pain, just a simple BIOS setting. You might know this, but you have to run most SSD in plain ole' IDE Compatible mode for firmware updates.
    If I switch to IDE mode then back to RAID I loose my effing array.

One drive still says member RAID, while the other shows up as non-member.

Bump for SATA 6G?
    Any sign of new hardware on the horizon?

Xtreme Member
    I hope the new version will come more relayable.

My first 9010B died after 1 month of usage. The unit refused to backup to CF.
    Yesterday, I tested the replacement. Worked fine, and did the backup by itself (after power loss) But no way I can restore the data from CF

Testing the CF in a card reader, it shows me MBR 7,2GB RAW (GB CF).

Without any data (not formated, just power on from external PSU)it backs up and also restores from CF, but shows me different numbers: MBR 7,8GB RAW. After setting up Raid0, format and OPSYS install, I have the same problem - does not restore.

Actually. I'm not confused, I am

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Any new SATA\6Gb info? I'd love to see how this compares to the new C300s from Crucial!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Anyone notice the ANS-9010BA has been released? The only thing I see different from the ANS-9010 is that the website claims IOPS 130,000 per SATA port.

http://www.acard.com/german/fb01-pro...&type1_idno=10

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yeah I saw that. I've been interested in these for so long, but the original rep that was posting in here stopped. I wanted to see if they're planning on changing firmware to 6Gb/s or what. Right now the other standard SSDs that are coming out are faster, which makes no sense.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by WangChung View Post
    Yeah I saw that. I've been interested in these for so long, but the original rep that was posting in here stopped. I wanted to see if they're planning on changing firmware to 6Gb/s or what. Right now the other standard SSDs that are coming out are faster, which makes no sense.
    If you're looking at raw performance, you're correct. However, when it comes to longevity, SSDs have limited writes per cell and the ANS-9010 series has no such limit.

It's all about the right tool for the right job. I use my ANS-9010 to crunch CEP WUs for WCG. They are extremely heavy on disk I/O. I wouldn't dare do the same on an SSD unless I was trying to kill it.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by WangChung View Post
    got a link for proof that that is possible?
    DNA = Design Not Accident
    DNA = Darwin Not Accurate

heatware / ebay
    HARDWARE I only own Xeons, Extreme Editions & Lian Li's
    https://prism-break.org/

Xtreme Cruncher
    I doubt it's physically possible for a firmware update to suddenly make it 6Gb/sec. Not to mention that the manufacturer would be better off marketing a whole new product line with "NEW SATA III SUPPORT" and sell a bunch more product.

I am Xtreme
    SSDs are catching up but the pcmark hwbot world records are still with acard 9010 and/or iram -

http://hwbot.org/rankings/benchmark/...ntage/rankings

http://hwbot.org/rankings/benchmark/..._2005/rankings

SLC
    Standard SSDs are not faster than ACARD. They will not be for a long time. Most desktop work is low queue + small file work where ACARD is much faster.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Nope, I don't. But based off of this post:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...8&postcount=26

Is why I would like to pose the question(s) to the OP. If I knew it was possible, I wouldn't have to ask the question.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I wonder how one of the new 9010BA would play on SB850... Or a RAID of them.
    I hold the AMD WR for PCMV (as far as i can tell) with 4R0 C300 64GB from SB850 and air cooling :P
    http://hwbot.org/rankings/benchmark/...ypeId=CPU_2158
    http://3dmark.com/search?resultTypeI...38&chipsetId=0

Ans-9010ba...

From what I can tell, it's a 9010B with the 9010's added memory slots, i.e. single SATA port with the ability to support 8 memory sticks (vs. 6).

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast