Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36

Thread: 1st 780G mini-itx motherboard launching next week

  1. #1
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hong Kong Island
    Posts
    549

    1st 780G mini-itx motherboard launching next week

    here comes a quick shot:


  2. #2
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,646
    Looks nice. Specs and $$?

  3. #3
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,105
    this would make the bestestesest carpc everz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111

  4. #4
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Vilnius, Lithuania
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMojoZ View Post
    Looks nice. Specs and $$?
    Here you go (but no price) - http://www.jwele.com/motherboard_detail.php?419#_spec

  5. #5
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    stuck in Bloomington, IN right now
    Posts
    799
    I read that overseas it's currently selling for the equivalent of $170. So I would expect ~ $200.

  6. #6
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    107
    This board is selling for HK$1199. ~=US$154. So I guess the selling price in US will be ~ $175-$180.
    Machine 1:
    ASUS P5K Premium
    Q9450 (L803B436) @ 450*8 @ 1.3v
    Xigmatek S1283 + bolt-thru-kit + 120mm Scythe "Minebea NMB Silent IC Series" Case Fan - High
    G.Skill F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ @ 540MHz (5-5-5-15) @ 2.15v
    MSI 7900GS
    Antec TruePower Trio 550

    Machine 2:
    ASUS P5K Pro
    Q9450 (L803B436) @ 450*8 @ 1.3v
    Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme + 120mm Panaflo medium
    G.Skill F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ @ 540MHz (5-5-5-15) @ 2.15v
    EVGA 8400 GS
    OCZ GameXStream 600W

  7. #7
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    328
    is it any good? i mean can it oc to?
    E6600"L630A446"? @3600@1.?v cooled by Tunic Tower sitting on Abit AB9 Quad GT played on ASUS 8800GTX opperated by a lazy slacker!

  8. #8
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillo-kun View Post
    is it any good? i mean can it oc to?
    I'd consider an itx board "good" if it underclocked well, the power needed for overclocking would defeat the purpose.

  9. #9
    Nerdy Powerlifter
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Down in the Bayou
    Posts
    4,550
    If it can OC, i see that as PERFECT for lan parties. A good phenom + 4850 = epic set up.
    You must [not] advance.


    Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

    Heatware

  10. #10
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK, a small place with a big heart
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthetickiller View Post
    If it can OC, i see that as PERFECT for lan parties. A good phenom + 4850 = epic set up.

    Shame it didn't incorporate full PCI-E 2.0 X16 slot.... the PCIe slot is a x4 linkwidth only.... 4850 would be choked on that IMO...

    Still very nice.... I'd love to have one of these mobos, and a X4 9750 and a compact WC setup, for a compact and portable HTPC...

    I feel a new build coming on...
    Phenom II 940BE (CACVC AC 0850BPMW) @ 3.8Ghz (1.475v) on Custom h2O
    ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe - BIOS v0703 - HT @ 1.8Ghz / NB @ 2.2Ghz / PCIE @ 100Mhz
    2 x 2GB G.SKill PC2-8500 RAM @ 5-5-5-15 2T (Unganged) | 2 x GeCube HD4850's CF @ 700/1150
    2 x 160GB Samsung Spinpoints (RAID-0) | 1 x 320GB Seagate 7200.10 (JBOD)
    Thermaltake Toughpower 750W PSU | Samsung 206BW 20" LCD Screen
    Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP2 / Win7 Ultimate Beta 64-bit

    ========================================
    ========================================
    3DMark Vantage Score = P13403 - http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dmv=791574
    3DMark06 Score = 20027 - http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=9996881


    ========================================

    My External LCS Mod - http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k2...t=1f046259.flv

    ========================================


  11. #11
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    EvE-Online, Tranquility
    Posts
    1,978
    Ugh, WTF. It's a mini-ITX board guys. Dont expect anything ground breaking for that except very low power purposes.

    Although it looks damn nice, it will only be any good for the same reason as any other mini-ITX; SFF/HTPC. If you need to OC with a small PC for Lanparty's, get DFI's JR 790GX-M2RS instead
    Synaptic Overflow

    CPU:
    -Intel Core i7 920 3841A522
    --CPU: 4200Mhz| Vcore: +120mV| Uncore: 3200Mhz| VTT: +100mV| Turbo: On| HT: Off
    ---CPU block: EK Supreme Acetal| Radiator: TCF X-Changer 480mm
    Motherboard:
    -Foxconn Bloodrage P06
    --Blck: 200Mhz| QPI: 3600Mhz
    Graphics:
    -Sapphire Radeon HD 4870X2
    --GPU: 750Mhz| GDDR: 900Mhz
    RAM:
    -3x 2GB Mushkin XP3-12800
    --Mhz: 800Mhz| Vdimm: 1.65V| Timings: 7-8-7-20-1T
    Storage:
    -3Ware 9650SE-2LP RAID controller
    --2x Western Digital 74GB Raptor RAID 0
    PSU:
    -Enermax Revolution 85+ 1250W
    OS:
    -Windows Vista Business x64


    ORDERED: Sapphire HD 5970 OC
    LOOKING FOR: 2x G.Skill Falcon II 128GB SSD, Windows 7

  12. #12
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Portugal!
    Posts
    253
    And thinking about it , you will probabli need a good(big and large) PSU it you want to put a phenom and 4850 (ie) in this board , and that defeats the purpuse.

    Going to a lan with a ring that as a PSU bigger than the Mobo

    My 780g is micro and has 16x pcie
    GAME-AMD x6 1055T|ASUS M4A870TD|8GB DDR3|HD5858|SSD RAID0|Seasonic!700w
    VMWARE-E6420|Asus P5Q-VM|4GB|320GB|BEQUIET!600w|
    NAS-Via 1.5 GHz ITX|Dual Gigabit|1gb ddr|2*3TB WD
    MbP 13"|C2D 2.53GHz|4gb DDR3

    Barton 2600+@2800mhz SuperPI 37s Sempron 2800+@2665mhz SuperPI 35,5s OLD SCHOOl
    -Apple Iphone 3g |X10 mini Pro 2.2.1|Nintendo WII|PS3 Slim

  13. #13
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by N00B View Post
    And thinking about it , you will probabli need a good(big and large) PSU it you want to put a phenom and 4850 (ie) in this board , and that defeats the purpuse.

    Going to a lan with a ring that as a PSU bigger than the Mobo

    My 780g is micro and has 16x pcie
    If you go with a 65W phenom and a 4850 you could get by on a 200W power supply, like the PW-200 series I'm using now.

  14. #14
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Vilnius, Lithuania
    Posts
    130
    A low wattage Athlon X2 + Radeon 4670/4650 would be a pretty good portable-mini-itx-gaming-system-cube. For anything more powerful I'd say MicroATX FTW!

  15. #15
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Oahu Hawaii
    Posts
    165
    Another one, although it looks exactly the same, just a different name

    http://www.vr-zone.com/articles/Alba...oard/6082.html

    might be getting 1 or 6 of these. Or not, as I am more interested in the IGP then the PCIe x16 slot. The whole point of me going ITX is the lower power consumption and the IGP being powerful enough paired with a 35w or 45w cpu along with 2gb maybe even 4gb of ram to do what I need. I mean, if you get a vid card that is worth getting over the onboard IGP, then that card is about the size of the mobo and probably eats up 5 times the power or more then the cpu. Might as well just get a M-ATX. But no doubt other people have different uses and want different things from it.

    Anyway, anyone know of a 780G ITX board with just PCI or PCIe x1? At least with that I am not limited to only using a vid card in the slot, because either the IGP fullfills the performance I need or I get an M-ATX. And I already know an M-ATX with nvidea 6100 and even Intel extreme 2 IGP performs just about well enough for my needs here, so hopefully the 780G, intel G45 or Nvidea 8200 outperforms a 6100/intel extreme.
    Speaking of which, anyone know how the G45 and 8200 compares to the 780G? And if I can use a pico-PSU to power these?

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    sacto,ca
    Posts
    12
    720be @ 3.2 // GA-MA770t-ud3p bios // Mushkin Silverline 1333/9-9-9-24-33-t1
    CM V6GT // Asus 6870cuIIoc // CM 800w gold // CM HAF-X // W7-64bit // Dell 23"

  17. #17
    Xtreme X.I.P.
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Tel Aviv, Israel
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Herc130 View Post
    Another one, although it looks exactly the same, just a different name

    http://www.vr-zone.com/articles/Alba...oard/6082.html

    might be getting 1 or 6 of these. Or not, as I am more interested in the IGP then the PCIe x16 slot. The whole point of me going ITX is the lower power consumption and the IGP being powerful enough paired with a 35w or 45w cpu along with 2gb maybe even 4gb of ram to do what I need. I mean, if you get a vid card that is worth getting over the onboard IGP, then that card is about the size of the mobo and probably eats up 5 times the power or more then the cpu. Might as well just get a M-ATX. But no doubt other people have different uses and want different things from it.

    Anyway, anyone know of a 780G ITX board with just PCI or PCIe x1? At least with that I am not limited to only using a vid card in the slot, because either the IGP fullfills the performance I need or I get an M-ATX. And I already know an M-ATX with nvidea 6100 and even Intel extreme 2 IGP performs just about well enough for my needs here, so hopefully the 780G, intel G45 or Nvidea 8200 outperforms a 6100/intel extreme.
    Speaking of which, anyone know how the G45 and 8200 compares to the 780G? And if I can use a pico-PSU to power these?
    You do realize that you can use a x1 card in a x16 slot, right?
    Member of Overclockers.com Folding @ Home team
    "<The_Coolest> you can't unwaste wasted CPU cycles" - Start FOLDing now!
    Main rig:
    AMD Ryzen 7 2700X / Mobo: Asrock Fatal1ty X470 / EVO 970 500GB + WD Blue 250GB + HDD / GPU: Dell RX 570 4GB / Mem: 2x16GB DDR4-3200 G.Skill 32GTZKW TridentZ - 32GB total / PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 650W
    Secondary rigs:
    Core i7 2600K 3.4GHz @ 4.3GHz (Scythe Mugen2) / Mobo: Biostar TP67XE / 2x Inland Pro 120GB / GPU: HD5450 / Mem: 4x4GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill 8GBXL RipJawsX - 16GB total / PSU: Seasonic S12II 620W.
    Core i3 540 3.06GHz @ 4.0GHz (Freezer 7 Pro) / Mobo: MSI H55M-ED55 / GPU: Integrated / Mem: 4x2GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill 4GBRL RipJaws - 8GB total / PSU: Antec 380W.

    Core Temp - Accurate temperature monitor for Intel's Core/Core 2 and AMD64 processors

  18. #18
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Oahu Hawaii
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by The Coolest View Post
    You do realize that you can use a x1 card in a x16 slot, right?
    No, I did not.

    Guess this would be the itx board to get then Now if it was under $100 and used desktop ram, that would be great.

  19. #19
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,450
    This, a 9150e and a 5400RPM drive would make a nice server that wouldent take away any space.

  20. #20
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    171
    it doesnt have a parallel port
    amd 940 @ 3.5ghz stock voltage or 3.7ghz 1,425v home made cpu block 3616 mhz and 2210mhz nb stable
    gigabyte ga-ma790fx-dq6
    sapphire hd4870 1gb @ 160-200 in idle , 750-950 load, with 2 rivatuner power profiles shortcuts.
    2x 2GB OCZ Blade 8500 ddr2 1066 @ 1.85 volt
    seagate barracuda 7200-11 1x500gb & 1x640gb (rip 1 500gb barracuda )
    seagate barracuda 7200-12 1TB , very nice hd, 5 degree colder then the 640gb
    windows xp 32
    lian li pc-a70b
    cooler master real power 850watt

  21. #21
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,450
    Quote Originally Posted by BertM View Post
    it doesnt have a parallel port
    What do you need a paralel port for?

  22. #22
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,450
    Quote Originally Posted by Herc130 View Post
    No, I did not.

    Guess this would be the itx board to get then Now if it was under $100 and used desktop ram, that would be great.
    Have you seen SODIMM prices? at least in denmark SODIMMS are allmost for free. 2x2GB HyperX at $100.

    My old X2 3600+ is just waitning for this

  23. #23
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by nullface View Post
    What do you need a paralel port for?
    my cnc milling machine requires a computer with parallel port.
    the current desktop case i have with amd 3800+ is a bit big for that.
    amd 940 @ 3.5ghz stock voltage or 3.7ghz 1,425v home made cpu block 3616 mhz and 2210mhz nb stable
    gigabyte ga-ma790fx-dq6
    sapphire hd4870 1gb @ 160-200 in idle , 750-950 load, with 2 rivatuner power profiles shortcuts.
    2x 2GB OCZ Blade 8500 ddr2 1066 @ 1.85 volt
    seagate barracuda 7200-11 1x500gb & 1x640gb (rip 1 500gb barracuda )
    seagate barracuda 7200-12 1TB , very nice hd, 5 degree colder then the 640gb
    windows xp 32
    lian li pc-a70b
    cooler master real power 850watt

  24. #24
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,450
    Quote Originally Posted by BertM View Post
    my cnc milling machine requires a computer with parallel port.
    the current desktop case i have with amd 3800+ is a bit big for that.
    Oh i see

  25. #25
    Xtreme X.I.P.
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Tel Aviv, Israel
    Posts
    1,148
    SODIMM ram is pretty cheap now, so I don't think that should be factor in buying decision.
    Member of Overclockers.com Folding @ Home team
    "<The_Coolest> you can't unwaste wasted CPU cycles" - Start FOLDing now!
    Main rig:
    AMD Ryzen 7 2700X / Mobo: Asrock Fatal1ty X470 / EVO 970 500GB + WD Blue 250GB + HDD / GPU: Dell RX 570 4GB / Mem: 2x16GB DDR4-3200 G.Skill 32GTZKW TridentZ - 32GB total / PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 650W
    Secondary rigs:
    Core i7 2600K 3.4GHz @ 4.3GHz (Scythe Mugen2) / Mobo: Biostar TP67XE / 2x Inland Pro 120GB / GPU: HD5450 / Mem: 4x4GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill 8GBXL RipJawsX - 16GB total / PSU: Seasonic S12II 620W.
    Core i3 540 3.06GHz @ 4.0GHz (Freezer 7 Pro) / Mobo: MSI H55M-ED55 / GPU: Integrated / Mem: 4x2GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill 4GBRL RipJaws - 8GB total / PSU: Antec 380W.

    Core Temp - Accurate temperature monitor for Intel's Core/Core 2 and AMD64 processors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •