Hi loonym. Very nice XS Bench score.

I almost never see any results from this bench so I haven't kept close track of what programming changes have effected it.

The calculation it does is small and fits in the cache so it is 100% CPU MHz, and cache speed sensitive. Compared to Core 2 chips, Core i7 can definitely crunch numbers faster at the same MHz.

The most recent changes were the ability to Cancel out while the bench is running. I know this slowed things down so it's likely that you had to work harder and overclock higher to match rge's old score.

You are now officially the new and improved RealTemp 3.30 - XS Bench world record holder. How does it feel to be famous? Unfortunately, in the land of free software, fame doesn't translate into much $$$$$.

It will probably be a week or two or three but I'll add your name and new record to the next release of RealTemp. The code is in the middle of a general house cleaning and I've been too lazy to work on it too hard during the summer. I won't be making any changes to the XS Bench code so your score will remain valid.

I'll send you a PM when the next version is ready so the world can see your new record, unless rge finds some colder air and gets his new i7-950 a little faster. Now he'll be motivated when he finds out.

I was just wondering, do you know if your core sensors are stuck at -8C? In theory, Distance to TJMax can only count up to 127 so the lowest possible reported temperature would be -27C. 45nm core 2 sensors didn't have a chance in hell of getting near that temperature without sticking so I was just wondering how low a Core i7 sensor can go before crapping out.